I want to lose 30 lbs but it's so hard to get started

Options
panchito001
panchito001 Posts: 103 Member
It's so hard to get motivated I know that once I get a pace I will keep it but until then grrrr!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    We all struggle with that thing but there comes a time when something clicks and we are ready to go. It will happen for you too. Get yourself mentally in a happy place. This will be bound to make the time come sooner. I found that the way you are thinking is correct to position yourself so don't let that desire go.

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Untitled_zpseuaiskg5.png

But, srsly, you can do it, guy.
  • panchito001
    Options
    Thanks I will do my best
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If no motivation to start you can maybe try starting softly? Like cut a few extras (food wise) out everyday, and take a little 20 minute walk. Everything I've accomplished in the last two months had like a one or two year easing in to it. It all started with just drinking water instead of red Mountain Dew all the time. Then eventually that led me to doing more walking, and lots of other gradual steps forward later, I'm now at a point where I can't wait to get home from work to work out and proud to be staying in my deficit! It sucks to start I'll give you that, but it is soooooo worth it later on. I wish you all the luck and willpower to get it going.. No better time than right now! You can do it ^^
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When you're ready, you'll just do it. Welcome to MFP!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Do one thing a day you love, do it more

It has to be a lifestyle change. Dieting doesnt work long term

• chase8oliver
    chase8oliver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For me, motivation comes from knowing I am the only person who can either make things happen, or let it all crumble. When you hold yourself accountable long after the first day you began, it makes a world of difference. Look at Instagram fitness pages. Figure out what your reasons are for getting into shape. Is it to have a "better" physique? Do you want to be an example to a family member? Does your health need improvement? You've got to tell yourself, "Cut the crap, and GET MOVING." Believe me, you'll have a lot of conversations with yourself as crazy as it sounds. Lol.

One of the guys I pay attention to is Mr. Olympia competitor, Kai Greene. He is very inspirational, came from a rough background defeating the odds stacked against him, and is a role model for those looking to improve themselves. Best of luck to you, brotha!
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    "I want to lose 30 lbs but it's so hard to get started"
    No *kitten*, if it was easy everyone would do it.
    I usually check some youtube vids of guys that lost alot of weight, a internet buddy of mine has become sort of famous (on youtube then) for it, you should check him out, John Calvo is his name.

For me, ive been struggling for years mostly due to alcohol addiction and depression and started over and over again. I could never figure out why for some people that "click" came and then turned their lives around because for me the click never came.

Ive been working out again for a week incl clean eating and dreaking and this time i feel good about but i dont want to think how much i need to lose and i dont look too far ahead, i just take it one day at a time.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I love this quote:
    "Losing weight is hard.
    Maintaining weight is hard.
    Staying overweight is hard.
    Choose your hard. "
  • carmexaldewin87
    carmexaldewin87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I went from 310 to 195 in about two years, then sadly, stopped watching calories/portions and ballooned back to 243. Now, I am at 224-225 and continuing down from May 1st this year! Every day I struggle with, "Oh dear lord, I don't want to do this!" However, then I realize, working out with some Youtube videos (Jessica Smith is great) is much easier than constant doctors visits due to health complications related to being overweight and obese. This is the most I've ever worked out in my life and I have so much more energy and love for life this early in the journey. Perhaps for now, just make small/short attainable goals like 5 nhf79rp9mlad.jpg
    pounds. Then you can gradually increase these as time goes on. Don't do it all at once though! Smaller plates/bowls are a great asset to use and you'll be amazed at how that helps. Then, slowly add in fruits and veggies that you experiment and find a taste for. Also, if you order take out, go with smaller portions, it truly does help! But, if that wasn't enough, here's a little encouragement. ;)
  • panchito001
    Options
    Thanks everyone it's been a challenge for sure but I'm feeling better now even do I haven't lose any lbs yet but I feel better