Fastest way to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I only know how to gain weight using the terms fast and easy. Eat lots of fast food and easy on the exercise. When I want to move the scale in the opposite direction I use opposing terms. Eat smaller amounts high nutrient dense foods and increase the exercise.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Nearly impossible?

64078106.png

Not so much.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Faster isn't always best or safest, but the fastest way to lose weight is to eat between 1500 and 2000 calories per day, and spend many hours a day doing physically demanding activities. Better to aim for 1 to 2 lbs of weight loss per week.
  • meddaugh48
    meddaugh48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. This is a process, it's not "fast".

Doesn't get any more honest and accurate than this!
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Pick your least favourite limb...

Bahahahahha
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Fast sets you up for failure and yo-yo weight loss and gain. The only wsy to keep it off is to fundamentally change your lifestyle permanently. And that takes time to adjust to. It's not"dieting" because that implies a temporary change. And then if you stop the diet-and you will because you feel deprived-you gain back.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.. drink water. Sound simple, but really Lol ✌
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Long term weight loss success is spelled long term. There are people who are capable of taking off weight fast, but then the next time you see them, they have exploded in pounds with about 20 extra. It's silly to even think of weight loss as a speed process. It just says you haven't changed your life style at all.

Most people who want quick weight loss, are getting married, going to a high school reunion, something special, and so they do something that is very temporary. Once the party is over, they're back to their old habits of eating too much and not exercising enough.

Those who want weight loss to last the rest of their lives do the marathon, and stick with it. This leads to a much happier, healthier person.
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    Long term weight loss success is spelled long term. There are people who are capable of taking off weight fast, but then the next time you see them, they have exploded in pounds with about 20 extra. It's silly to even think of weight loss as a speed process. It just says you haven't changed your life style at all.

Most people who want quick weight loss, are getting married, going to a high school reunion, something special, and so they do something that is very temporary. Once the party is over, they're back to their old habits of eating too much and not exercising enough.

Those who want weight loss to last the rest of their lives do the marathon, and stick with it. This leads to a much happier, healthier person.

This
  • R_Turnz
    R_Turnz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    can anyone tell me the easiest and fastest way to lose weight? I know it's nearly impossible, but I'm still open to anyone's suggestions and advice that helped them? I'm count calories and work out frequently.

Wake up, black coffee!!!! Half of pint of water then jog. The meaning of this is because caffeine increases metabolism and water is for hydration. Try it for a week.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    To play devil's advocate, there is a silent contingent that will point out that most studies conclude that there is no real difference when it comes to maintenance as to whether the weight was lost fast, or not so fast. (In both cases the chances of long terms success are, err, let's not talk about it)

Of course most studies that show some long terms success incorporate an educational/support component with follow ups after the weight loss takes place.

I think that intuitively, all of us who say: "go slow and learn how to function in your new lifestyle" are incorporating our own version of this education and support component into our weight loss period by taking the time to learn how to function when we get to the point of moving into maintenance.

Even if you adopt the absolutely most defeatist attitude, by prolonging the weight loss period you maximize the amount of time that you remain below your previous high weight point... so it is all good ;-)
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Pick your least favourite limb...

LOL!
  • jonnysharpe
    jonnysharpe Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    To play devil's advocate, there is a silent contingent that will point out that most studies conclude that there is no real difference when it comes to maintenance as to whether the weight was lost fast, or not so fast. (In both cases the chances of long terms success are, err, let's not talk about it)

Of course most studies that show some long terms success incorporate an educational/support component with follow ups after the weight loss takes place.

I think that intuitively, all of us who say: "go slow and learn how to function in your new lifestyle" are incorporating our own version of this education and support component into our weight loss period by taking the time to learn how to function when we get to the point of moving into maintenance.

Even if you adopt the absolutely most defeatist attitude, by prolonging the weight loss period you maximize the amount of time that you remain below your previous high weight point... so it is all good ;-)

This.
    What I've learned is, as you're hopefully here on this planet for quite a long time, it's good to have a longer-term plan for weight loss/maintenance, even if you do opt for the short-term shedding of some weight quite quickly.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Great advice from @thorsmom01 and many others. Learn as you go, and make the lifestyle changes along the way that will help you keep it off after you lose it.
  • landonfloen
    landonfloen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The fastest way to lose weight is to cut off your arm. It also makes about as much sense as rapid weight loss plans.
  • radicalfae
    radicalfae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can think of lots of ways to help with fast weight loss. Target calorie levels just above what it takes your metabolism to slow down (most figure that to be about 1300 calories). Drink caffeine beverages with next to no calories to kill cravings and keep your metabolism amp'd like coffee and green tea. Cold water helps, helps get rid of waste, burn calories and fills the stomach. LOW CALORIE fruits and veggies are awesome because you get a lot of nutrients, full faster, and for a pittance of the calories. You could probably eat low calorie foods all day and still lose weight like celery, carrots, or watermelon. I mean think about it, an entire pint of raspberries has slightly less than a 100 calories. That'll fill a plate! Fill a plate with 3 quarter pounder patties with cheese (even tossing the buns) gives you almost 750 calories for the same amount of space in your stomach! But be careful just because it's a fruit or vegetable doesn't mean it's low calorie. There are high calorie fruits and veggies. Bananas for instance have twice the carbs a small apple does for instance. And avocados have a ton fat and calories. Good fat to be sure. But still very caloric. Other good low calorie bets are whole grains and low fat dairy products. For protein I'd only do 3 to 6 ounces of day of low fat meats. It's all you really need unless you have unusual calorie requirements. Another safe food is non cream soups. A lot of soups like vegetable soup or chicken noodle is a lot of water which is low calorie and filling. Get 8 hours of sleep, because not only do not get hungry during this time, burn fat while doing it, it also keeps your hunger hormone ghrelin at bay. As far as exercising my doctor recommended high calorie expenditure aerobic activities over weight lifting. She said weight lifting was still a very good thing. Helping things like bone density. But it really doesn't burn much calorie wise.
  • catkingmusic
    catkingmusic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Like I tell my husband: fast doesn't always mean good.
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You are 18 slow and steady win at losing weight. It is better to learn to eat healthy than just losing weight. Walk everyday, eat 80% of your intake from whole foods.

Some quick ways to loss weight.
    Sleep in trash bags, great way to feel like crap and smell up your room.
    As some one said use a bone saw on one of your legs, that is 20% of your weight.
    Move to the moon/dimension where gravity is less than earth, you weight 1/3 of your body weight on the moon.
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Anything that comes easy isn't worth achieving. I started off low carb but I've added them back in except rice, pasta, white breads and potatoes. I eat fruits and granola. Healthy eating and some moderate exercise is the best thing for your body. " dieting " isn't the way to go.