Stretch marks HELP!!!!

LaurenLynnCarter
LaurenLynnCarter Posts: 51 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried any stretch mark cream with great results??

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,075 Member
    The only way to get rid of stretch marks is to have them cut off by having a tummy tuck. They will fade on their own to a more silvery color over time... but will always be there.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Go see a dermatologist to see what they say. I've heard though all that really fades them is time.

A tummy tuck is major surgery (my friend who had twins just had one...9 days recovery...brutal). I would not suggest that!
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    I used the inexpensive Avon cream for several years, and it was effective.... [ I had lost over 100 lbs....] I continue to use this cream... and it does help fade and keep fading the marks... but it does take time and continued application...
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    I heard Bio-Oil, Vitamin E and cocoa butter all reduce the appearance of stretch marks. They will never go away entirely, unfortunately, but these creams will help reduce the appearance. If your stretch marks are red or pink, these creams will help fade them, if they are white and look like little scars, you are stuck with them. :(

I plan on using the Bio-Oil on mine... it is made for women who are pregnant and even though I am not, it seems like since it is geared toward that demographic... it probably works! Unfortunately I also have a lot of little white scar-likes ones too, which I am stuck with.
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    just cover them with tattoos!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    I was at a spa this weekend for a girl's day and the woman doing my Sugar Polish said to get Vitamin E capsules, poke a hole in them, and rub the juice or whatever is inside on your stretch marks. I haven't tried it but it sounds good!
  • pinkgrape
    pinkgrape Posts: 5
    my sister who has had children swears by a product called bio oil... another i think is very good is the trilogy range which can be used in conjuction with bio oil .. the everything balm is brill .. it doesnt get rid but it def improves them and helps your skin look alot better
This discussion has been closed.