Military weight loss/friends?

Options
Hi there! I'm 22 and I'm looking for some friends to motivate me. I want to join the Navy and need to lose about 43 more pounds. I'm currently 213 and want to weigh 170. I started at 256 in April. I'm very determined but even a 'good job' really goes a long way.
I love motivating others as well, it's important we all work together and build each other up.
I'm especially interested in friends that have past military experience if I have any questions.
Thanks ahead of time!! :)

Replies

• MsWendyDarling
    MsWendyDarling Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm working on losing weight so I can join the Air Force! Good job on your weight loss so far! You got this! I'm living with my sister and working on losing weight with her. (She just got out of the Navy but her husband is still in.) I added you so we can talk! :)
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to drop weight to join. I am in my last 10 pounds to hit army weight. But it's been a long almost year process and I'm still fighting and deciding which branch to join army/AF. I would love some friends in a similar situation. like MsWendyDarling, I am living with a sibling that is current active duty and so is my other half. Oh and all my friends, and the wives ...they all have advice, some are amazingly positive and others... Not so much. Plus that friend who is always like "I saw 4 soldiers eating at billy bobs burgers today so you can". No, this is a change I need to make that sets the tone for my life, and I need some MPF buddies who understand that :) adding ;)
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Try this link for TeamRWB, maybe there's a group in your area. www.teamrwb.org
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm in the Navy and always trying to keep my weight within the range, one thing I've learned to focus on is the BF% as well. Over the past 15+ PFA cycles, I have only been in weight a few times. This fall, I plan to be within the weight range, so far only 8 more lbs to go! I beleieve we call all do it!