Anyone over 300lbs and looking to lose weight??

Options
Please add me if your motivated and ready for this life change. I am Laura i am 26 years old and i am the mom of 2 wonderful little girls. My oldest daughter is 6 years old and my youngest is 4 years old. I am looking to be healthier for me most of all but make a wonderful example for my kids as well and be around a long time for them. I am looking for new friends for guidance through all of this. Having supportive friends has been huge for me. I love sharing with my friends my accomplishments as well as congratulate and motivate my friends as well.

So please post a small intro if you can and list SW, GW, BMI, and CW, and total weight loss if you have lost any yet =) and please add me!!
We can also share some ideas for exercise, nutrition goals, recipes current health problems if your comfortable ANYTHING GOES!

I will go first

Weight -34lbs

Current health problems
Metabolic Syndrome - Pre-diabetes
Hypothyroidism
Anemia
Vitamin D deficiency

SW: 401 lbs on 3/31
CW: 367 lbs on 5/17
GW: 190 lbs

Current BMI: 57.5

Replies

• XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    Not over 300 but i have about 140lbs to lose.....My current weight (since i dont ahve a scale) is possibly 244 or less, my goal weight is 120, and my starting weight was 253.bmi is 47.something
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Under 300 now but
    Starting weight was 312- BMI of 53
    Current Weight is 280.5- BMI of 48
    My goal is 165-170 and maintaining in that area.
    I'm about to turn 23 years old, entering my last semester of college before I graduate with my BA in English and creative writing. I live in Ohio and have met a wonderful man who I will be marrying after I hit my goal weight.
    Feel free to add me, I could always use more friends with similar goals and on similar journeys.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP since January (120 days will be Thursday). I have lost 48.2 pounds so far. I have been on a 3 week plateau and have been fluctuating with 2-3 pounds for what feels like forever. I have been approaching 325 on 3 different occasions now on this journey and hope to get below it this week.

My final goal is to get down to 135, but I am not focusing on that number as it is too intimidating so I have set mini goals for myself that range throughout the year and next year. My current goal is to be down to 315 by May 28th. That day is my daughter's 16th birthday and that was the weight I was the day she was born.

My goals for this week are to burn at least 500 calories each day, to drink at least 96 oz of water daily, and to not skip any meals (I am bad about this one).

My start weight on 1/19/11 was 375. My current weight today is 326.8 Medical issues I currently deal with are lymphedema, asthma, chronic foot pain, and headaches (but no longer migraines), and I am vitamin D deficient . Since joining MFP I have been able to go off high blood pressure and diabetes medications.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I added you both =)
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    started MFP at 282, but my highest was around 300

good luck on your journey :)
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    When I finally decided in the beginning of this year that I didn't want to die young, my weight was 387. When I joined MFP in the beginning of this month my weight was 350. As of right now my weight is 340. I have foot problems, headaches and high BP. I'm only 28 years old. I used to get headaches every other day, but now I get them once a month. My goal weight is 140. I stared out doing the HCG diet and it did work, but the diet is over. Right now I'm eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and exercise everyday:smile: Anyway I do hope your weight loss journey goes well for you. Everyone is here to give you all the support you need.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Current health problems:
    Pre-diabetes
    PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome)
    Anemia
    Vitamin D deficiency
    Foot and back pain
    Swelling of feet, ankles, and calves

SW: 353 lbs on 5/11/11
    CW: 348 lbs on 5/18/11
    GW: 230 lbs (my first really big goal)

Current BMI: 57.9 (ugh)

Down 5 lbs so far in 7 days! :)

I'm ready to DO this!!!!!!
  • katrina1122
    katrina1122 Posts: 23
    Options
    I started at 316 about 2 weeks ago, am down 7.

Current health problems, actually current non-health problems is a better question, lol.

Fibromyalgia
    recovering from left ankle reconstruction
    TMJ left and right
    GERD with Barrett's Esophogus
    Migraines
    Chronic sinusitis
    Vitamin D deficiency
    Osteoarthrits in knees, shoulders and left ankle
    and more...
    all this and I'm only 37. No kids, just 2 kitties, Oreo and Double Stuff.
    I'm sending you a friend request now if you wan to add me, I love mfp friends!
  • katrina1122
    katrina1122 Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh, forgot a big health problem...asthma. :yawn:
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started this 2 weeks ago so here are my stats:

SW: 362.4
    CW: 361.4
    GW: 160-190
    BMI: 50.4

My 26th birthday is next week and I am just dreading it because I feel like another year has passed with no changes...that is why I am doing this because I want to be in shape and healthy before Im 30 because I want to be able to enjoy my youth while I've got it...also to resolve some health problems that have crept up due to the weight....I look forward to getting to know everyone as we work towards our goals!!!!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    You ladies should join this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211201-support-accountability-for-300-gals-sorry-guys

I'm adding all of you so I hope you accept my friend requests
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Happy, happy Wednesday all -- and welcome newbies!!

OMG I am so exited today!! I am finally past my 3 1/2 week plateau and below 325!! Yeah!!!!!! I won't post my weight until tomorrow though since tomorrow is day 120 of my journey. But I think you will all be surprised at the loss in the last 48 hrs. I know I was!! I am still striving for 315 by the 28th for my daughter's 16th birthday. I am so wanting to be able to say I weigh what I did the day she was born. I know that 16 yrs ago I weighed 315 and 8 yrs ago I weighed 329, but I never weighed myself in between so I don't know exactly how long ago it was that I weighed what I weigh today. Somewhere between 8 and 16 yrs ago, that I do know.

Tonight will be interesting - I am going to a taco salad potluck with some friends. I can't eat any of those foods on the program I am on so will be taking my own food. The hardest part will be passing up the diet soda. The only things I miss are diet soda and milk.

Have a great day all!! Chat with ya later.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey all thanks for joining! My internet is currently down so I am writing from my 3g phone soooooo not easy lol. Anyway i,added most if not all of you. Tonight I made myself some whole wheat rotini. With low fat sauce. And fat free mozzerella cheese I was craving it lol glad everyone is doing well and congrats all on the weight loss so far =)
  • haitysmom
    haitysmom Posts: 4
    Options
    hello, im new to this. so feel free to add me. i need all the help and motivation i can get :) im 33, mother of 2, and last summer i married my childhood sweetheart. i have always been comfortable with my body, eventhough im overweight. but last week my dr told me, i so close to developing diabetis, and i dont want that. so she put me on a new medicine (on top of meds im already on for)
    anemia
    hypothyroid
    asthma
    allergies
    and if that wasnt bad enough, later that evening my knee was itching and burning, and i discovered my first "fat person" sore. not trying to sound mean, so please no one take that the wrong way. finding that sore, was the turning point i needed to do something about my weight.
    cw:324lbs
    ht 5'6"
    gw:150lbs (but would like to be under 300lbs by july1st