I need some advice

Options
lavrn03
lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask my fellow MFP friends what I should do.
Before I ask my question, here alittle info...
I'm at my original goal of 50 lbs weight loss. I do need to loss 20 more to be within normal BMI range ( ultimate goal).
I'm currently on maintenance to take a break from calorie deficit and see what my next step is.
I try to make an effort everyday to keep my protein intake up and watch my carbs. On average I eat about 150g of good carbs/day and 140-170g of protein (chicken/eggs/bars/shakes).
I workout 5-6 days a week since last June. And weight train 2-3 days a week.
Lately I have been doing MWF training with no cardio that day after. My session is usually 45mins. I row beforehand to warm up. I do push-pull-legs and abs throughout.
T Th are cardio days. I'm training for a 5k. I'm building up my endurance. I can run it in 41 mins. I usually do a good warm up and cool down so my session is 60mins long, good burn.

My question:
I've been recently looking into carbs cycling and body recomposition for assisting me with my last 20lbs.
What are your thoughts, experiences with either.
I am beyond busy but have been able to maintain my fitness and health as priority. I want to make the most of my time and efforts. But I also want to do things that are not so difficult I can't keep it going or it stresses me out.
I have made tons of amazing changes this past year and want to continue in this journey so I can be a good role model for my son and nieces.

Thanks for the help

Linda

My before:

1w1taxb04etq.jpg

After:

wzsjrhg0r0iq.jpg

Replies

• VanillaGorillaUK
    VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, really impressive loss.

My thoughts are that it will work, and so would the method you we're already doing. It's all about calories at the end of the day B)

• JayTE83
    JayTE83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Clean calories, plenty of water, hiit, rest and determination. You'll smash your next target. You've done very well so far. Ensure you are getting enough fatty acids alongside those carbs and proteins and if you don't already citrus fruits especially the bitter ones (lemons, limes, grapefruit) are great metabolism and natural immunity boosters. Lots of green veg to keep you fuller for longer, greener the better, pulses and nuts for quick hits of energy and protein and lots of lifting
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think what you are doing now (if at a small deficit) would give you the ability to recomp. The weight will come off much slower though. I opted to just dump the weight and then add. But if you maintain a health balance of food as you outlined at a small deficit and continue your training as outlined you are golden. Great job!
  • lavrn03
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    I eat at maintance that's set at sedentary ( to help account for under and/or over estimations)
    I eat a loaded salad every day- Tons of veggies, greens, protein, and nuts.
    If hungry I try to eat a protein loaded snack.
    I'll keep with this and keep trying to keep protein intake up.

With exercise....
    Is it ok I'm just doing cardio 2 days a week? I really give it my all those days. Last workout.. I walked at 4.0 for a min and ran 8.0 for 30 sec for 30mins. I warmed up and cooled down as well, to total 45 mins. Good burn!!
    For strength training I enjoy grouping it up for push/pull muscle. Especially since I've adventured into the weight room area! I probably do 4 exercise per muscle area. Adding more As I learn. Do Supersets or to failure.
    How long should I give it? I started measuring 2 months ago, I guess I'll see what happens next month.

Sounds like i might be doing okay.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't have much advice for you, but I wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss. You look fantastic and I am sure that you will reach your next goal!
  • lavrn03
    Options
    Thanks
  • DoogCampbell
    DoogCampbell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Lavrn, with the weights, try adding some compound lifts (if these aren't in there already), squats/deadlifts/lunges. Progress them so you keep adding weight, you'll build muscle quicker which helps with your fat burning even in your off days.

Also, great work :)
  • lavrn03
    Options
    I am starting to do deadlifts, squats and a few other leg exercises. Starting slow to learn proper form and what reps I can do without killing me the next day. So that I have energy for my run.
    Thanks!!