Fat and struggling I need some friends!!! ....

Options
Hi I've piled on weight at my heaviest and need some help.... I just can't get on track and stick to anything.. My cals are set to start tomorrow 1200.... Is this too low.... What do I do on a weekend if I need a little more.... Please help x

Replies

• elos18
    elos18 Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It shouldn't be too low if the foods you eat are filling and nutritious! Try just swapping snacks for a piece of fruit and DRINK WATER!!!!!!!! just drink and drink it lol.. It'll help you to feel full! If you need to eat extra though, try upping your exercise! It's all about balance and starving yourself isn't going to achieve anything bar you being miserable and maybe losing a bit of weight you'll just put straight back on +5lbs!
  • tjfenton
    tjfenton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Elso thank you just feeling so self absorbed with my weight and fed up of watcher slimming world... No gimmicks just losses I want x
  • tjfenton
    tjfenton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If it's the weekend and I wanted a drink what amount of calories would be appropriate and still loose weight x
  • elos18
    elos18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm not a drinker so I'm probs not the best person to ask but I'm under the assumption that choosing a clear spirit (vodka, gin etc) and having it with soda water would be best. And red wine would be better than others. I'm really not sure about the calorific amounts though. If you do really like a drink and then have one!! The thing with the no gimmick approach (I'm totally in the same boat as you with regard to WW and SW) is that it has to be a lifestyle change. To me, the key difference is that it has to be working and achievable in your daily life. So if you do like a drink, it's not going to work if you just say "that it, I'm not drinking again" so why not just cut down? Have one less drink on the weekend? Every little helps! And it's finding the balance that works for you!
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Two of my obstacles; rebelling against the idea of "you can't eat that" and real hunger. So I set my MFP goals for the slowest loss rate, tweaked the activity setting, log my food, steps and all exercise, drink water. I eat the net calories. I dont feel guilty at family gatherings, as I log my meal and treats and then decide which treat "fits" or "is worth it". 1200 is too low for me. What is right for you? Your profile, goals and activity levels will determine that. Wine is in the database. Enjoy!
  • AnaPaulaSalvador2015
    Options
    tjfenton wrote: »
    Hi I've piled on weight at my heaviest and need some help.... I just can't get on track and stick to anything.. My cals are set to start tomorrow 1200.... Is this too low.... What do I do on a weekend if I need a little more.... Please help x

• TerraRoberts24
    TerraRoberts24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1200 isn't too little, just so long as you aren't majorly active. I lost weight eating 1200 and walking a little bit every day. But now that I'm really active, I eat anywhere from 1800-2200, depending on how active I have been, and I'm still losing weight.

And as for drinks, I enjoy having some here and there too. Some of my favorites are: Gin and diet tonic, or gin and lemon carbonated water. I also like Smirnoff Light Raspberry Vodka with a can of carbonated water (any flavor really) and a half packet of raspberry crystal light. It just depends on what you feel like. Red wine is also a good option, and there are a lot of light beer options out there too.
  • AnaPaulaSalvador2015
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 3 kilos in 1 month. I found that sticking to 1200kl per day is good. I drink warm water with a slice of lemon 1st thing in the morning and 1.5 litres of water with slices of lemon throughout the day. Add 1tablespoon of Chai seeds in the water, this helps with weight loss.