Hi folks

Options
Hope this finds you all well. I am diabetic type 2 and been doing ww without much success levels have gone up a bit and to be honest terrified to phone tomorrow for results hover I think I've been having too many cabs any suggestion for low carb meals

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: eggs w/ cheese and some butter and some grilled vegetables like yellow squash.
    Lunch: small hamburger with cheese (no bun) and either a huge salad or a huge amount of cooked veggies like a head of cauliflower steamed or prepared your favorite way.
    Dinner: Fish, small steak, chicken, pork chops with more low carb vegetables.
    Include in your day some fats and oils like nuts, cheese, full fat salad dressing, butter, sour cream, hummus, avocado, bacon.
    The numbers come down when losing weight so watch the daily calories and you can reach your goals. :)
  • fergie1404
    fergie1404 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks rodarose
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi there Fergie,
    The diabetes UK website has lots of healthy lower carb meals.
    I've made this one and really enjoyed it:
    https://diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Recipes/Lemon-and-herb-chicken-with-chickpeas-/
    but there are lots on there.
    Good luck!
  • fergie1404
    fergie1404 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks will have a look
  • akwest21
    akwest21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Check out www.thefoodee.com it's a paleo/primal recipe database that's very searchable. Everything is grain free and sugar free so very good for controlling insulin and blood glucose