Taking those "before" pictures

Options
Ok. So I've lost approx. 15 lbs since I restarted here after having my baby. I didn't take any before photos, but I always enjoy seeing everyone's before/after shots and find it very motivational. So I think it would help me "see" how far I've come. I took some photos last night but I deleted them b/c I was so horrified. Anyone have advice on taking those pesky "before" pictures?

Replies

• LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I did pretty much the same thing...I didn't delete them though..I just hid them in a folder on my computer...LOL
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I would say the more horrified, the better!
    Youre not going to want to look back and say I didnt look that bad because you needed a flattering 'before' picture.
    Let it all hang out, baby!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i agree take em and then just save em some where so when you are that Hot mama you can look and say WOW
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    My method for taking before pics or even during pics is shoot, date and file =) Taking a good hard look at yourself can be depressing, but later you'll be so amazed at how much hard work you've done. I took some really awful before pics but I really wanna watch the belly fat shrink so.....dated and filed :P
  • stephy52604
    stephy52604 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We have created "Before Pic" folders on our laptops to "hide" them in. I was completely horrified by mine, luckily my wife took them so I couldn't delete.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I made a separate folder for my weight loss journey. As I look back at those first pictures when I was at my heaviest, I couldn't help but shake my head in shame. I did post my before pictures on my Facebook and also on here... I was embarrassed at first when I posted them on Facebook but I also wanted to show some of my other friends who were the same size or heavier that they can do this as well. There are some moments when I have to be reminded of my progress, so I'll go back and look at those pictures.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Take the pictures and hide them away. Put them in a hidden computer file --- that is buried within your other files (maybe a layer or two deep). Give it a name that blends right in the rest. Over time you will forget that you put them there. I did this for pre-pregnancy pictures that I took. I had to hide them because I didn't want them jumping up on my screen saver :)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Take them again. Make them as bad as you can. Then when you post them up with your "After" pics you will look that much better. :)

I took by before picture at 441 pounds, no shirt on, wearing shorts. Your's can't be that bad.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I would say the more horrified, the better!
    Youre not going to want to look back and say I didnt look that bad because you needed a flattering 'before' picture.
    Let it all hang out, baby!

Absolutely!

I have pictures all over facebook from when I was at my heaviest, but they're all flattering and fully clothed. I looked good!

It's those "ugh... I don't want anyone to see this" photos that make for more dramatic before & afters.
  • ivorythorns
    ivorythorns Posts: 33
    Options
    I put mine as an extra photo on MFP rather than my profile photo. Kind of wishing I had added my starting weight, but that's alright. I also decided I was going to be super brave and put them in a folder on FB. I'm honestly not sure what possessed me to do that, but, hey.

Anyway, try to look at it this way. Whether you share them with us or keep them on your computer, being able to look back at how far you've come will be a fantastic NSV!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    OK. OK. OK. I'll take the pictures again. I'll have my husband take them, then maybe I won't have to look at them for a few months. thanks for the advice!
  • lidunne
    lidunne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We are all here for the same reasons so no matter how horrified you may feel, we won't be! Think of it as a big family of all shapes and sizes who won't judge you but help you!
    Take them again and put them up! Once you do so you can start properly on your goals!
    Good luck x
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    i actually never ever put any ''horrible pics'' that has a full lenght, but for some reason i was able to put them on my profile only god knows why i did it. feel free to add me. xx