Looking for support!

Options
kcmknice
kcmknice Posts: 10 Member
Hi. I'm Kenisha. New York native, Maryland transplant, life-long dieter. Hit 35 this year and decided enough is enough. In 2 months I've lost 35lbs (of the 150) but this is always where I plateau or quit or reward myself with cake. So I'm here to intensify my efforts and get over the mental hump. I recently started Physician's Weight Loss which is helping me avoid the cake (being gluten free helps too.)

My short term goals is to lose another 30lbs by November 12 (Caribbean cruise!) but mostly I want to feel strong in my body. I really enjoy walking and doing the elliptical and swimming but my PWL counselor told me to start weight training, so now I'm doing PE@PF. Also super excited to find that this fat girl can run (for 3 minutes at a time!)

Anyway that's me. I love MFP and recommend it to everyone at my office. It's a great planning tool and helps keep me honest.

I know it's going to be a long haul so I'm looking for some Pals took take the journey with me.

K

Replies

• CullinsK
    CullinsK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome to MFP. Congrats on your weight loss journey. If you're up for a 90 day challenge to progress, feel, see, and live a healthier body. Please join me in my group called 90 days(s) ToDropTheWeight. So that we encourage one another on our weight loss journey. The challenge will start August 16
  • wendyj726
    wendyj726 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kenisha, you sound like you know what you want and you're going after it! I'm needing to lose 82 pounds. I'm at the end of my rope. I'm unhappy with the direction my life is heading and I know I need to change and make eating right and exercising a lifestyle. You can add me as a friend. I just started today, but I'm in it for the long haul.
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me as a friend. Im starting a 90lb weight loss journey and ready to give it my all to achieve success. We can motivate each other!
  • kcmknice
    kcmknice Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy! I'd add you but you don't have a profile. Hi Cullin and Kali. We're friends!
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Karina. I am 23 years old and I am very ready to make a change in my life. I am looking for friends that are active on MFP and their newsfeeds! That way we can motivate and support each other. Please feel free to add me.