Breakfast ideas??

Options
dganntech
dganntech Posts: 7 Member
I must have a strong odd palate because I'm a VERY picky eater.
Asking for breakfast ideas that are low calories no carb.
OK I need ideas that do not include:
eggs, avacado, oatmeal, fish or anything of the like, yogurt, no high sugar (I have sugar issues in the morning) and cream of wheat

Any ideas for such a strange list?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be just "breakfast" foods. Why not just have a little of whatever you eat for lunch or dinner if you need a morning meal?
  • rbee2015
    rbee2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How about starting the day with veggies and proteins , steak, broccoli and Ezekiel sprouted toast. You won't be hungry for some hours afterwards.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bacononaplate_zpsbx2t38ua.jpg
  • rhondadeschesnes
    rhondadeschesnes Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I made a breakfast pizza this morning that was pretty good. I used a hungry girl flat out white sandwich foldit. I spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on it and I scrambled an egg and put on top of that and then sprinkled with mozzarella cheese and baked on a pizza stone. It was really good and filling. You could use shredded chicken breast instead of eggs since you don't like eggs. 451 total calories. I had it at 8am and didn't start feeling hungry again until around 1:30pm.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Why no carb?? I'm with another poster, breakfast doesn't have to be cereal toast pAncakes eggs...eat what you like.

And that bacon pic says it all!! Mmm
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    dganntech wrote: »
    I must have a strong odd palate because I'm a VERY picky eater.
    Asking for breakfast ideas that are low calories no carb.
    OK I need ideas that do not include:
    eggs, avacado, oatmeal, fish or anything of the like, yogurt, no high sugar (I have sugar issues in the morning) and cream of wheat

Any ideas for such a strange list?
    Wow u look like a fusion of 2 girls i know o:)
  • Gajafurger23
    Gajafurger23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try the healthy pancakes, that i actually eat like scrambled eggs. Just cinnamon, eggs, banana and stevia if u fancy that too. Or i also like porridge: 30 gr oats (100 kcal) 1 banana (smashed), some skinny milk or almond milk (20 kcal) and cinnamon, stir until the milk has been absorbed! Sooo freaking yummy!
    If in a hurry stick to non fat yoghurt and 1 apple
  • Gajafurger23
    Gajafurger23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know u don't eat all of them but they are soo healthy u should give it a try
  • dganntech
    Options
    I know u don't eat all of them but they are soo healthy u should give it a try

I have been trying to eat eggs and yogurt, my food diary is open if you want to take a look around. Unfortunately the thought of eating eggs makes my stomach turn. I know if I continue to force feed myself these things I'll just give up.
  • dganntech
    Options
    bmchenry02 wrote: »
    Why no carb?? I'm with another poster, breakfast doesn't have to be cereal toast pAncakes eggs...eat what you like.

And that bacon pic says it all!! Mmm

I only say no carb because I get a lot in lunch and dinner.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I love cereal in the morning. But I've had leftovers, peanut putter sandwiches, and mac 'n cheese before so just have some chicken and veg. Or chug a protein shake.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, turkey bacon, fruits veggies and nuts, pretty much ANYTHING because you dont need to eat breakfast style foods at breakfast. Have steak if you want!
  • nomad5326
    nomad5326 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    " No eggs, avacado, oatmeal, fish or anything of the like, yogurt, no high sugar (I have sugar issues in the morning) and cream of wheat"....you just took away my whole breakfast menu!!!!!

Pancakes, Crepes, bacon, a shake/smoothie
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Slice of ham and some tomatoes.
    Cottage cheese and berries - sprinkle some flax seed on if you like.
    Apple or pear slices with peanut butter.
    Humous and carrot sticks, or other dippy veg.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    lunch meat wrapped around string cheese
    coffee with coconut oil and butter
    cottage cheese with tomato
    cottage cheese blended with flax oil and flax seed meal(Budwig diet)
    protein shake
    sliced steak or chicken with asparagus
    quest bar
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You do not need to conform to societies ideas of breakfast. Just eat whatever you want.

I went through a phase a few years ago where I hated eggs so in the morning I woke up ate a serving of Almonds and had coffee with a bit of cream in it.

Then I fried up some bacon or ham and called it breakfast.

I always kept a bag of spinach in the fridge and pretty much just cooked it whenever I was making meat wise for that added greenery. Cooked Spinach does well with bacon but so does pretty much every thing else.

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I used to eat homemade soup for breakfast daily (and lunch and dinner). Anything you want to eat works - if that means heating up some frozen meatballs (I do often on weekends), then so be it. Eat what you like!
  • JosieZeee
    JosieZeee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    how do you feel about chia seeds? They're loaded with fibre antioxidants etc; mix them with almond milk and leave overnight :) No need to add the kale smoothie and fruits as I did if you don't want sugar z3rd2kdgoj8u.jpg
  • JosieZeee
    JosieZeee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ah and chia seeds keep you full and satisfied all morning until lunch,

Usually 2tbsp of seeds with 1/2 cup almond milk goes a long way for me.

Add almonds nuts and granola for better variety, personally it's better with a kale smoothie haha
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My solution to this: Eat a Lean Cuisine for breakfast, plus coffee. I don't have time to make breakfast in the morning and I don't like to eat anything remotely sweet for my first meal of the day. The Lean Cuisines I turn to are meals such as the Lean Cuisine Comfort with glazed chicken breast. It comes with a small side of potatoes and green veggies.