MFP Log-in Streaks Don't Matter, Right??!

Options
Grrrrr....I had a beautiful 95-day streak going with food logging and one day last week I was super busy and apparently forgot to log in. My streak is over. I'm quite distressed. Is there a way to shut that feature off? I suppose it doesn't really matter. But for me, who has a hard time sticking to things, I thought it was a real motivator. Oh well, start over I guess.

Replies

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I believe MFP can reset it for you. I don't recall how; try the technical support board.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    OR you can go in and have them fix it.....but then it wouldn't really be accurate.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    They'll reset it for you, but that would truly be the definition of the "streak" not mattering.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Did you try logging some food for that day? Maybe that will continue the streak? Or maybe try changing the date on your phone/computer then logging the food? It is probably synced with their server so I am not too hopeful those would work.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    You can have them go in and change it but wouldn't that be a lie then? Your post says you forgot to log in so of course your streak would end. Sorry :/
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hello If you log into your computer every day you could set MFP as an automatic bookmark to open upon opening the browser. If you "stay logged in" it will help you keep the streak. just a thought.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Create a new streak and beat your last one!! You can do it :)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I would just start again, and use it as a motivator.

The logging streaks used to mean a lot to me until I realized that you don't even have to log food to maintain a streak. I have an 80 day streak going and have only logged about 4 times. I'm not saying Streaks can't be motivating, but they stopped meaning so much when I discovered this. If I decide to start logging food again, I will let it reset to 0 first.
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    The logging streaks used to mean a lot to me until I realized that you don't even have to log food to maintain a streak. I have an 80 day streak going and have only logged about 4 times. I'm not saying Streaks can't be motivating, but they stopped meaning so much when I discovered this. If I decide to start logging food again, I will let it reset to 0 first.

This. I kept a 60 odd streak going by clicking the app once a day whilst eating crap and not logging. Then I realised how pointless that was......

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Even the great DiMaggio only made it to 56. Don't let it get you down.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can change your streak back to what it was here
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

I had lost my login streak after a month or 2, last summer sometime, still have no idea why it happened, I logged in and logged food every day since I joined this website.
    I don't feel I cheated by setting it back. I might feel that way if I knew why I lost it. But if I ever lost it again and knew why but had stayed on plan and it was simply a matter of unforeseen circumstances prevented me from logging in then I would have no qualms changing my streak back.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter, no. If you want it to say you've logged in when you haven't, they can fix it for you, though.

If seeing the streak is important to keep you going, then ask. If you can keep going without it, start a new streak. :)
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can also go into your profile settings and add a reminder to log in brkfst, lunch and dinner even snack and water that way it'll keep you on track....just a thought.
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could set reminders, thanks for that @CaMelo1213!
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could set reminders, thanks for that @CaMelo1213!

You're very welcome, if you have the ap its on "more" you'll see your profile, community and other stuff including "reminders" hope this helps... :-)
  • Jollybeard
    Jollybeard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    totally matters ... you'll never unlock the secret level if your streak is broken.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It can be reset. I had mine reset one time because one time I logged in on my phone instead of my computer and it didn't count it.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    ^^^level(s) ;-)
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of it mattering.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    MFP is a tool. Failing to log with your tool one day etc. does not make what you have done up to that point meaningless, nor does it stop you from carrying on in the same positive manner you had been.

Balance.