Skinny Jeans are the goal.

Options
I am not new to myfitnesspal... However, I have decided to start actually using it to its fullest potential. I am trying to shred off the pounds that I gained in the past 5 years since I was married. I would like to go back to my honeymoon weight which involves loosing about 20-30 lbs. I am actually, not going to weigh myself since it takes a major mental toll. I am going to base it on jean size. I have my jeans right now... I am calling them my fat jeans. - I have about 4 sizes to loose till I get into my ultimate skinny jeans again. So... I am measuring by what I fit into and at the end I will weigh myself. Does anyone think this is crazy?

Please.... Add me as a friend and help me to stay motivated!

Replies

• BrieGoorts
    BrieGoorts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Weighing myself, even just every week has a huge emotional toll on me too. I don't think your idea is crazy at all, I would do it too if I had skinny jeans to work into haha.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    You might want to at least measure, if people don't see quick results, they tend to get discouraged.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I like the idea. I am obsessed with weighing I wish it would work for me!
  • superchick018
    superchick018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i know the scale is dangerous. I like the idea of not using it. My weight has fluctuated my whole life and I am muscular so the scale is not friendly to my build. When I do not feel the scale reflects the work I do it causes me to get discouraged and I tend to give up. I want to be a comfy size 8 (I would die to be a 6 but I am between 10-12 now) so i will go out and buy a size 8 I LOVE and reach my goal by feel instead of weight. Then when I fit into them i will weight my self and maybe go out and buy a 6. I feel a burst of motivation now! I love this idea. I will friend you and we can encourage each other to stay of the digital downer.:smile:
  • Tarah40
    Tarah40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea!! I also like the idea of measuring instead. Good luck xx
  • k751880
    k751880 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Skinny Jeans to be!....Loved your post. I am new to this but I also need motivation and a friend. I saw an old friend on the beach this weekend and she looked AWESOME....that is my goal...to buy a cute bathing suit and go to the beach and not DREAD getting up out of the chair and walking down to the water all my myself with my big bootie and wiggly legs for all the people I'm walking away from to see!...I would also like to wear some of my old skinny jeans which requires a good 15 pound loss at least....I am with you about in regards to getting on the scale as I know I've gained at lease five pounds since the last time I weighed a couple of months ago...that will FREAK me out to see the numbers increased even though the way my clothes are fitting is telling the story...as they say...JEANS DON'T LIE!

Good luck...I'm going to go back and see if I can figure out how to add you as a friend
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I can completely relate.

I have actually been an athlete my entire life. Started figure skating when I was 6 years old... Figure skaters have the butt, the hips, and the thighs to match the sport. I am completely compact. When I tell people what I weigh, to what size I wear they are astonished and often don't believe me. This is good and all... But I have a certain "size" that I am comfortable in. I know I can do it because I have done it before. I just want to be healthy about it this time. :)