Looking for a Cleanse

Options
Hi guys,
After this long weekend of indulging, I am looking to cleanse but not sure where to start. I am hoping someone can recommend some sort of one day liquid cleanse. I have never done one in the past so not sure what to look for. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks

Replies

• Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    becareful of one day liquid cleanses. I am currently doing a 10 day cleanse that totally makes you feel better. It's through Advocare. Gives you great energy without any harsh side effects.
  • vpwelsh
    vpwelsh Posts: 31
    Options
    ADVOCARE CLEANSES ROCK! Sometimes I just order the fiber packets and use them when not on a cleanse also.
  • margie5880
    margie5880 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Monica,

I normally due a green tea cleansing called Balerina tea and ate like a vegetarian for one day. The next day I felt so much energy and it definitely made a difference to start my diet. The only thing with this cleansing is that for 24 hours I suggest you stay home because you will be in the bathroom.
  • ckisme
    ckisme Posts: 15
    Options
    Shakeology three day cleanse. Not sure of a one day.
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    I'd honestly stay away from ANY of the mlm cleanses or enemas. I saw too many come into my ER from them.....

If you simply increase your fiber, your body will cleanse itself NATURALLY.....

I did a three day lemon water fast , but that's not to be done regularly. Go for the high fiber...... Linda/RN
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    When I cleanse, I do it naturally. I spend two or three days eating nothing but fruit, [mostly] raw veggies, fruit and veggie smoothies with flax seeds, etc. I also eat raw nuts (almonds are my favorite raw) and drink nothing but tepid water. I salt nothing, eat no table sugar, etc. WORKS GREAT.

And I watch my sugars closely during my fruit/veggie only days, and I never go above 135, so it's not even bad on your sugar like people will try convincing others of...

wanted to add... my breakfast and lunch smoothies usually look something like this:

1 c. frozen blueberries
    1 c. frozen berries of choice (raspberries, blackberries, mixed, whatever you like)
    1/2 c. orange juice
    2 TBSP milled flax seeds
    1-2 c. raw baby spinach
    3 oz. baby carrots
    1 TBSP agave nectar OR a little stevia
    2 tsp benefiber
    water to blend
  • PhatChic1186
    PhatChic1186 Posts: 173
    Options
    I hear shakeology is a good cleanse...its ALL Natural,but its a lil expensive..But I hear it works wonders..I want to get it eventually..But I hear ALL NATURAL cleanses are the best way to go verses using pills ..
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Be careful usually cleanses are diuretics and laxatives with different names you body does a great job of cleansing itself that is what it does.
  • monica1125
    monica1125 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the replies. I will definitely be careful!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I always use Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse. I do it about twice a year for 2 weeks at a time. I've had really good results with it, and no negative side effects. I've talked to managers at both GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe, and they have all recommended Nature's Secret over other brandsf or cleanses.

Just remember to listen to your body...if it tells you to back off, be sure to back off!!
  • Patcolombo
    Options
    They have a product called slimming tea that works very well . It is a tea bag that you steep and make mild for the first time and drink. Once your body adapts to it you can adjust the strength of the tea. Also do right before bed so once it starts to work be near the bathroom. It's a quick clean....