Need friends to steer me in the right direction

Options
mumofbae
mumofbae Posts: 31 Member
I'm 34 just had my forth baby almost five months ago I'm also exclusively breastfeeding
I'm going to start running this week though it's going to be tough as I've not ran since I was 15
Any tips advice on food and exercise feel free to message

Replies

• GemmaGx
    GemmaGx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am Gemma, I am 34 too and mum of 3. I am a fan of step aerobics so that's my fitness. You can download a couch to 5km in 8 weeks work out which you put on your mp3 and it leads you through each run and builds you up. Might be a option if you haven't ran for a while. I am considering doing this myself as I am not a great runner and it made me so fit when I used to run. I was not a big runner. 5 km was my limit. I am trying to lose a few pounds and get fit now that my little ones are growing up. I find its hard to get fitness in when I work pong hours during term time. X
  • mumofbae
    mumofbae Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you I had forgot about that app it was advertised by the nhs
    It's so hard to fit in any exercise when you have kids by the time I put them to bed I'm ready to hit the sack but I'm determined this time and my 12 year old is coming running with me so I'm sure she won't let me forget
  • GemmaGx
    GemmaGx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find company helps me get started. My son is ten and loves running but would leave me behind. He can run for hours! I am not feeling inspired to run outside with this horrible weather. Bring back the sunshine
  • singingmommy25
    singingmommy25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new (well, back) and also absolutely terrible at getting any exercise after a long day of work and kids! I'd love any and all advice, as well as motivation, if you've got some to spare. I used to run, but in the last few years I'm just sure I have it in me. I'll check out the couch to 5k, though. That at least sounds doable.