What is your vitamin supplement regimen?

Options
I take a multivitamin and biotin.I am wondering how if my multi has enough vitamin D... I was told the biotin will help with strengthening my hair and nails. Does any one else take either of these?

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i take a multivitamin, flax seed oil, fish oil, cinnamon capsules
    flax seed oil/fish oil help with heart health
    cinnamon helps to maintain healthy glucose levels
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i take the natures answers liquid multi vitamin daily. (hate pills) it has 100% daily vitamin d and 100% biotin.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Multi, Fish oil, Vitamin B, Vitamin D and occasionaly some calcium or added vitamin C.

I would ask a pharmacist re: vitamin D. bring your multi and see what they say.

I've heard biotin is good.
  • ldholcombe
    ldholcombe Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I take a prenatal vitamin which is probably like your multi one. Iron and vitamin C. All prescribed by my doctor. And you should be getting enough as long as you are eating right.
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    I take Suppliment through Advocare, along with extra Omegaplex (its their fish oil for my hair and nails, and heart). Have had wonderful success with them.
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    I take Suppliment through Advocare, along with extra Omegaplex (its their fish oil for my hair and nails, and heart). Have had wonderful success with them.
  • where_next
    where_next Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I take a women's one-a-day and flaxseed oil pill for omega-3 once a day. The omega-3 does WONDERS for my hair and especially my nails. It recommends taking three times a day, but I usually just take on in the morning. I started noticing my nails were much much stronger and no ridges after about one month. I can finally keep my natural nails long- I haven't had a single one break since I started taking omega-3 supplements. I originally had been taking fish oil for omega-3, but switched to flaxseed because the taste is better and the fish pills have a slight chance of still containing mercury.

Only downside is I have to get my hair done more often, but I'll take it. :)
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I take a women's multi-vitamin once a day and a 5000 mcg biotin once a day as well.
  • NBFIT
    NBFIT Posts: 79
    Options
    I take a multi, fish oil, vitamin D & calcium w/vitamin D in it. I've heard good things about cinnamon as well.