Following goals but not loosing

Options
i set my goals at 1200 calories and to start walking. I am retired and have been staying home most of the time. I am walking now about 1.5 miles 4-5 times a week. Sticking to my calories. I started walking 3 weeks ago, started dieting 7 weeks ago. I lost 15 lbs after the first 4 weeks, 2 lbs since, but it fluctuates up because I get constipated, because of meds and more so now because of cheese and yogurt, trying to get more protein. Help please before I loose my will power, thanx sanni

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep doing what you are doing. So far you are doing great!! Right?

You did not put your weight on overnight and it is not coming off overnight either. Just keep plugging away :)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing everything right. The one thing I would change is your relationship with the scale. Do you weigh every day? Once a week? I recommend you weigh every day, write down the weight without getting emotional. Then every week rage the average of the weeks worth of measurements. Then compare that average with last weeks average. You'll normalize out the fluctuations that way is a better way to tell if you're losing weight.

Secondly, you need another metric to judge your progress. I suggest a tape measure to measure your waste, chest and abdomen. The way I do it is stand tall, breath out all my air, flex, then take the measurement. You'll get the most consistent readings that way. The scale will fluctuate up and down, but if you're losing fat, you're measurements should decrease every couple weeks or so.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You've lost 17 pounds in 7 weeks? Thats almost 2.5 pounds a week. Whats the problem?
  • CullinsK
    CullinsK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome to MFP. Congrats on your weight loss journey. If you're up for a 90 day challenge to progress, feel, see, and live a healthier body. Please join me in my group called 90 days(s) ToDropTheWeight. So that we encourage one another on our weight loss journey. The challenge will start August 16
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep it up. They say Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • lennywin
    lennywin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dam girl! I been going at it for 4 months now and have only lost 12 lbs. Wanna trade? Add more fiber and drink lots of water.
  • birknsan
    birknsan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Trying lennywin thnx.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't know about you, but cheese will plug me up for a month of Sundays! If I eat cheese, I have to eat lots fiber. For protein that will not plug you up, try eggwhites, tilapia, Kay's protein cereal is good too, etc. Try a prune or 3oz of prune juice at night for a gentle morning "go". hth :)

(eta: add more fibrous types fruit into your daily log, & lots fibrous veggies.That should help, too. Since your diary is closed, can't really see if you are already getting enough. But I know meds will plug me up horrible!)
  • birknsan
    birknsan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone. Just it came off so well the first 4 weeks... I have a 100 more to loose. I have been letting it get me down with the stress around me. First time I've done something good for myself. I do not want to give up. CullinsK, thanks for the invite. I might just join, another support group might be what I need.