Calling ALL Star Wars Nerds, Force Users, Smugglers, and Bounty Hunters For A Weight Loss Journey

Options
I am a big man (currently 390ish) that has been trying to do this journey Solo (no pun intended) and after 68 days of very minimal progress, I am hoping to use my love and passion for Star Wars to help me meet some people with similar goals to take the journey with! I want to ultimately lose 210 pounds, with about 200 more to go. Any other details, check my Bio, otherwise, feel free to add me and lets have some Star Wars Fun!

Replies

• Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    add me, I love all things SW.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Ah, I remember back in 1977 when I first went to see Star Wars at the local theater. I was 13 years old and back then they only showed one movie in a theater. So first you had to wait in line to buy tickets, then you had to wait in line for the showing. Many times I waited in line 4-5 hours overall. I saw it 7 times in theaters. Have been a fan ever since with Han being my favorite character.
    Here's the deal: like Yoda said "do or do not, there is no try". You can't put in a half hearted effort and expect great results. You're better off just starting with eating less and walking continually for a few minutes (say 10 to start). Eventually you'll progress, but you have to be COMMITTED and CONSISTENT for it to happen.

Good luck and May the Force be with you (pun intended).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    great kid, dont get cocky your profile is closed :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Haha! Well if we all stuck to calorie deficit "one's things for sure, we'll be a lot thinner!"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I love anything Star Wars. Feel free to add me. And if anyone says that you can't do it, there is only one thing to say: "I find your lack of faith disturbing." Or force choke. I use the latter more often ;)
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love all things Star Wars. Feel free to add me - I'm on here daily!
  • sirna731
    sirna731 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Big Star Wars and Star Trek fan, feel free to add me.