Advise about body shape

Options
Lo0n3y
Lo0n3y Posts: 68 Member
Started doing les mills body pump in June I do 3-4 maybe 5 classes a week they last an hour at a time.
When will I start to see results ? I have taken measurements photos and all that stuff just want to change my body and tone it up!?
Any advise

Replies

• ReptileRose
    ReptileRose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body shape and how much you have to lose. I didn't begin to see results until I lost over a stone. Be patient and work hard and it will happen!
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    what have you done to adjust your nutrition as well? That is perhaps most important.
  • Lo0n3y
    Options
    It all depends on your body shape and how much you have to lose. I didn't begin to see results until I lost over a stone. Be patient and work hard and it will happen!

I only want to lose a stone to date I've lost 1half stone but this late one won't go anywhere
  • Lo0n3y
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    what have you done to adjust your nutrition as well? That is perhaps most important.

Ditched all the crappy food and switched it for healthy option
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lo0n3y wrote: »

Weigh and log your food to your calorie allowance across the week...switching to healthy option is not really a solution unfortunately.

What's your goal? Is it to lose weight? Eat at a defecit

Is it body recomposition? Eat at or just below maintenance as you follow a progressive resistance programme
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Bodypump will get you some muscle but not as musch as a progressive lifting program will. Pump is too many reps and too much cardio for that. Nevertheless it is a great workout.
    Every body is different, and therefore predicting when you will start seeing results is hard. You need a minimum of a month for that.

The most important thing though is making sure you keep on increasing the weight on your barbell. Try to keep it challenging.
    Hopefully you are already doing this. Not every instructor puts enough emphasis on this though.
  • JayTE83
    JayTE83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You should research your body type ie Ectomorph, Endomorph or Mesomorph and then you can find the right type of workouts for your genetic disposition. Body type is a set thing, but can obviously be altered with lots of hard work, but you can't change your genetics just enhance or alter them.
  • Lo0n3y
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Weigh and log your food to your calorie allowance across the week...switching to healthy option is not really a solution unfortunately.

What's your goal? Is it to lose weight? Eat at a defecit

Is it body recomposition? Eat at or just below maintenance as you follow a progressive resistance programme

My goal is to try and turn lose the wobbly bits, I always wanted to lose my final stone but I can't move the figure it's been over a month and it won't budge,
    I weigh everything and stick to a calorie count of 1560 also do les mills body pump, kettlebells etc
  • Lo0n3y
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    Bodypump will get you some muscle but not as musch as a progressive lifting program will. Pump is too many reps and too much cardio for that. Nevertheless it is a great workout.
    Every body is different, and therefore predicting when you will start seeing results is hard. You need a minimum of a month for that.

The most important thing though is making sure you keep on increasing the weight on your barbell. Try to keep it challenging.
    Hopefully you are already doing this. Not every instructor puts enough emphasis on this though.

Yeah I do increase my weights every week or when I no I can. I do keep challenging myself, the instructors are brill as they push u in every class.

I started this wanting to lose a stone but now I just want to change my body
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JayTE83 wrote: »
    You should research your body type ie Ectomorph, Endomorph or Mesomorph and then you can find the right type of workouts for your genetic disposition. Body type is a set thing, but can obviously be altered with lots of hard work, but you can't change your genetics just enhance or alter them.

I would disregard this advice, do a web search on the Somatotype myth. It is an unscientific classification method, which can lead to one simply placing physiological/psychological limits on one's self for absolutely no reason.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    JayTE83 wrote: »
    Unfortunately somatotyping has be debunked as a description for one's body type. Originally it was developed by a psychiatrist obeserving people's behaviors and deeming their body type off that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Started doing les mills body pump in June I do 3-4 maybe 5 classes a week they last an hour at a time.
    When will I start to see results ? I have taken measurements photos and all that stuff just want to change my body and tone it up!?
    Any advise
    It's been less than 2 months. Realize it can take a year or more to condition the body to where you think it should be. People that look in shape didn't take a few months to do it, they took YEARS to do it. Patience.
    Also, Les Mills Body Pump is great as a muscle endurance developer, but there's no need to do it 5 days a week. You're better off doing it a couple of days a week and then doing some progressive low rep/high weight training the other days.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Lo0n3y
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Any advise
    It's been less than 2 months. Realize it can take a year or more to condition the body to where you think it should be. People that look in shape didn't take a few months to do it, they took YEARS to do it. Patience.
    Also, Les Mills Body Pump is great as a muscle endurance developer, but there's no need to do it 5 days a week. You're better off doing it a couple of days a week and then doing some progressive low rep/high weight training the other days.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Any advise

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I have a pt session booked in for next week I'm thinking of starting 1 every week or 1 every 2 weeks, with that and the pump & kettlebells I hope to start to see results lol