memorial day got me off track...

Options
so i definitely over-ate all 3 days of the long weekend and i feel so guilty because i think i gained a pound, literally. i just made silly excuses all weekend as to why it was ok to have that extra helping of potato salad (which i shouldn't even be eating to begin with.)

ANYWAY, the point of this post is to ask if anyone has any clever tips on how to get back on track and really burn off the extra calories i took in this weekend! i really don't want this to derail my weight loss progress!

Replies

• Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    To get back on track.... JUST DO IT.

The weekend is now in the past and there is nothing you can take back. You will have to just start eating the correct foods and portions again to get back on track. That is the track, you took a little detour and now you're ready to get on the path again so do it!

Goo girl!
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kraziekay89. Just do it. Recommit every day. Went over on cals yesterday? Eat a little less today and tomorrow. And do some exercise. If you net out over a few days and are below your target calorie intake, you will be fine.
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day and a new beginning! Try eating lighter this week but still get in your calories and maybe up the exercise a bit. That is what I am going to do because I over ate too! Best of Luck getting back on track!
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    I agree with Kraziekay89 and whwitejr , just do it. I would also add: drink a lot of water and keep your sodium levels down and you will get rid of any water weight that you might have gained. Double your exercise routines or workout a little harder if you can. Forget about what you did wrong and concentrate on making healthy choices today.