bread cravings???

Options
i have a HUGE bread-binging problem....if that makes sense. when i binge, it mostly consists of just bread...but lots of bread. do you have any tips on how i can solve this problem? i just want to stop loving bread, ugh :/

Replies

• Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee makes awesome 35 calorie sliced bread(: I eat smart wheat 50 cals per slice!
  • Lina300
    Lina300 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I can turn down cookies and sweets with no problem but bread.....I love bread.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I no longer have bread in teh house. If I do it is usually frozen hamburger buns, or hotdog buns, or sandwich buns. I freeze them to eliminate the ease of access to them. When I know I am having hamburgers for dinner, I pull enough out for ONE meal before I go to work, when I get home they are usually thawed.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Get good, wholesome, full-calorie whole grain bread. It will be 90-120 calories per slice. It is tastier, more filling, and more nutritious than crappy bread.
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    i'm the same way. fresh italian and french are my fav!!!!!!!!!
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I used to have the same problem! :(
    But I realized that the more you eat something you like, the more you want it. For me I had to cut out bread for a week-it was very hard and I really had to try to stay away from it but now I don't even like bread anymore. I filled my diet instead with good carbs from fruits, vegetables, and dairy products and the thought of eating bread again makes me kinda sick.
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh I understand!!! I did a 2 step approach - first I told myself that I could eat breads if they were whole wheat, whole grain, etc. Basically, no white bread, which is essentially just sugar. Then, I cut down servings of that to 1 or 2 per day. I have to say, I feel WONDERFUL, have tons of energy, and now don't crave it at all.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I dream about bread
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Get good, wholesome, full-calorie whole grain bread. It will be 90-120 calories per slice. It is tastier, more filling, and more nutritious than crappy bread.

This.
  • jasonweinberg
    jasonweinberg Posts: 270
    Options
    bread is a big issue for me too. when i was deep in my weightloss program i eliminated it completely for quite a while and did well with it. now that i am back on the bread i get the same cravings you describe. love bread. i agree with what the one person said: make sure you have healthy, whole wheat high fiber bread. arnold's even makes a delicious high protein bread. just try to stop at a couple of slices if you can and you should be fine because good bread really is good for you.
  • AbysmalFitness
    AbysmalFitness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love bread, i converted to wholemeal bread then all i did was switch off from bread and forced myself to not go down the bread aisle in supermarkets and and just blank it from my mind like sweets and chocolates etc
  • honeyytrees
    honeyytrees Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your body is craving carbohydrates. Instead of eating bread, why not try an apple or two or a banana?
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    i agree about the carbs like another user mentioned. also, oroweat sandwich thins are great whole wheat "buns" and have only 100 cals! they will fill you up more due to the nutrition and wont be costly on your waistline, also, i used to love bread. to be honest i would sometimes just take a piece of bread and squish it into a ball and eat it, not to mention i would never even think about eating whole wheat! now with the oroweat thins i dont have that habit anymore AND i still get to enjoy delicious bread. and when im reduced to eating white, it tastes like nutrition-lacking cardboard...
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    completely irrelevant, but when i eat anything bread-y i get the hiccups. lol
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    thank you so much for the help!!!!!!! i even kept myself from eating bread today!!! WOOT! :)
  • ironman1960
    Options
    I feel for you. If I eat bread, pasta, potatos or rice, I gain weight. So I eat 2 slices on my cheat day only, always multigrain. It seems to work for me but I still hate walking past bakeries in the morning...