First attempt to do it the healthy way!

Options
Hey everybody!

Technically I'm not just getting started, I've actually been at it for about 3 weeks & have lost 8 pounds, it doesn't seem like much but it's the first time I've done with eating right & exercise (:

I've always struggled with my weight, and at 17 years old I was prescribed Phentermine for weight loss because I was borderline dietetic (at 230lbs). From there I lost down to 170 and kind of yo-yoed between that and 190 for about 4 years until I had my first son.

I was in a very toxic relationship that ended abruptly & without closure & it threw me into a depression which, in turn, caused me to make some terrible decisions - healthy wise. I just kind of stopped eating. It was like everytime I would try to eat I would get nauseated. So I barely did. I lost a lot of weight of course, but once I started eating of course it all came back plus some!

After my second son was born, I was at 214lbs, then I had my gallbladder removed & from there I gradually gained a whopping 20lbs.

Anyhoo: the turning point was when I was too tired to play with my kids. It didn't matter how much sleep I got, I would always end up falling back asleep in the recliner or on the couch.

So I cut out soda completely, & switched white for wheat. I also stopped eating out which has helped save money as well as help save money (:

Sorry it's long! I tend to ramble lol anyway good luck to everyone on their weightloss journey! I still have 22 lbs until my first goal, but I know with my determination, I can make it happen!

Jessica

Replies

• margauxmilchen
    margauxmilchen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always eat low carb organic, grass fed and I work out, but my doc put me on phentermine as well. I am doing it the healthy way. I prefer not to be 120 lbs overweight . I have health problems and it is a struggle but i am going to do it! I have a team of physicians working with me. I go to Kaiser. They started me on 1/2 a pill only every day and told me to stay on low carb organic like i have been.