MFP Runners Club January 3

Options
Woke up feeling a little fluish still but got out and did 5 miles. Do not know how I finished it the way I felt but I did. Hope it was not a bad idea, I do not want to get any sicker. But my goal of 30 is complete 30 1/2 for me this week. Good luck with your goals for next week...

Have a great relaxing weekend after the crazy holidays!!!!!
Alisha

Replies

• Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Woke up feeling a little fluish still but got out and did 5 miles. Do not know how I finished it the way I felt but I did. Hope it was not a bad idea, I do not want to get any sicker. But my goal of 30 is complete 30 1/2 for me this week. Good luck with your goals for next week...

Have a great relaxing weekend after the crazy holidays!!!!!
    Alisha
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Alisha - hope you're feeling better soon.

Met some friends at Trout Creek Wilderness Area for a 14 mile 'wilderness trail run' this morning. Beautiful day, wonderful countryside, really nice break from the routine ' neighborhood runs'.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I got my 8 miles in this morning. It was a foggy morning and about 60 degrees. Very nice for a run.:smile:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I went for a run this morning. I am not sure if it was 3.96 miles or 5.23. Mapmyrun said it was 3.96 and my nike+ said 5.23. I do have to say that I did not calibrate it before I went out I am not sure it is right. I am going out in the car and track to see what I ran. LOL Either way it took me 45 minutes total so I am hoping it was closer to the 5.23.

Have a great run everyone.
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    5 miles for me this morning. :smile:

Alisha, I hope that you feel better soon.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Alisha, I ran feeling icky too today. I wish I would just throw up and get it over with! That is the worst feeling. Anyway, did 5.5 today in freezing drizzle. Just kept getting worse and worse. I took 15 minutes longer than I normally would, but I didn't have to walk very much, just on super icy patches. We live on top of a hill and I don't think we'll be leaving the house today. Total black ice. I hope everyone else is having nicer weather. This stinks. I'm ready for May.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I ran 10.2 mi. with my training group this morning. It is absolutely beautiful in Austin today. We are supposed to hit 80 this afternoon. That is warmer than normal, and warmer than I like, but I won't compain about this kind of weather in January!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I am doing nothing! I have the flu! :sick:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Flu must be going around. Thanks to all who wished me better. Glad you all enjoyed your runs!!!

Alisha
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Feel better, Alisha and Carrie.

Did 8.5 today.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's feeling better! And don't share your germs! :laugh:

No run for me today, I ran 2 days in a row.

Today was ChaLean Extreme Burn it Off and then a kettlebell workout. My dh joined me. :bigsmile:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    been on the bike a lot this weekend :love: will get back to running on Monday!!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear so many runner are sick! Take care :flowerforyou: I ran 5.5 miles today with my training group. Am not sore tonight but the outer side of my knee hurts! Probably will be better tomorrow.
    Bunny
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I'm officially jealous of everyone. I went to see our trainer at school and he thinks I tore something in my knee. I go to the doctor this week to find out for sure...blah!