What can I make out of cauliflower mash?

ssingley13
ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
I'm trying to meal plan for the week. One night I'm planning on cauliflower mash. There will be a lot of left overs. What other meals/sides/snacks or whatever can I make out of it? Would it make a nice spread?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    If you puree it until it's thinner (add a bit of water) and add shredded cheese, it becomes a cheese sauce - depending on the cheese it could be "alfredo" or perfect for macaroni and cheese. I do this for my daughter all the time and freeze it in ice cube trays to just take out a few and mix with cooked pasta or vegetable noodles.

You can use it to top a shepherd's pie - even just one mini in a ramekin.

You can make it into a patty (may need egg/breadcrumb) and pan fry.

You can turn it into a baked "potato" soup or some other cauliflower soup.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Add an egg and some cheese and make fritters.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Awesome! Thanks :)
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    You could cook it in balls and make "cauliflower meat balls"
    053069 Posts: 52 Member
    i would add olive oil, salt and low fat ricotta and call it a fake mashed potatoes. use it as a side.
    you can make a stew: saute chopped onion, add cauliflower small pieces, cubed tomatoes, add more tomato juice and water. when cooked, add salt, pepper and chopped fresh dill.
    if you want the version with meat, add chicken pieces when you saute the onion, all the other steps remain the same.
  • Serena795
    Serena795 Posts: 21 Member
    You could also combine it with Parmesan cheese and an egg to turn it into a pizza crust.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    my favorite(if you don't mash it up), bake with a bit of oil pepper and salt, I like mine still a bit crunchy and then at the very end put some Franks hot sauce on it, toss with more pepper.