Healthy Sweets - Feed the Sweet Tooth

Options
What are your favorite go to's for satisfying the ever nagging sweet tooth?

Some of mine are:
- dark mint chocolate: I find the mint really satisfying and dark chocolate has less sugar in it
- fresh berries and whipped coconut cream
- a spoon full of peanut butter
- chewing a piece of gum: if I'm on the go, this one really saves me
- cold fruit: i find that if keep my fruit in the fridge during the summer, I am more likely to grab for it when snacking. Nothing like a crisp pear on a hot day!

I would love to hear what you guys do! Also if you are in need of a fitness buddy, I am brand new to the app today and would love some company!

Replies

• engakwasdky
    engakwasdky Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No sugar added no bake cookies...

Also, mixing ricotta cheese, cocoa powder, and drizzle of honey with fruit.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough quest bar. We had birthday cake at work the other day. I was craving it bad and didn't have enough calories for it. Grabbed a quest bar and it surprisingly fought off the cake craving.

I like to make cobblers with oats and apples, peaches and fruit preserves. You can add in some protein powder to the oat crumble and wit works surprisingly well.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Half a pb and honey sandwich on low cal bread.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fruit, fruit and more fruit! Frozen grapes today, :)
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Big glass, ice, 2Tbls-3Tbls of half and half, diet root beer. Sometimes a little bit of whipped cream on top. Tastes exactly like a root beer float
  • chubalicious1
    chubalicious1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Scoop of peanut butter always helps that craving for me
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    That's it, I've got to try frozen grapes. Been hearing a bit too much about how they're the bees knees recently. I stopped buying them because I ate them too quickly, but surely freezing should slow down the inhalation process...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    That's it, I've got to try frozen grapes. Been hearing a bit too much about how they're the bees knees recently. I stopped buying them because I ate them too quickly, but surely freezing should slow down the inhalation process...
    They freeze beautifully, like they were intended to be frozen.

Not sure about the bee's knees, but certainly the ant's knees. :)
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Big glass, ice, 2Tbls-3Tbls of half and half, diet root beer. Sometimes a little bit of whipped cream on top. Tastes exactly like a root beer float

I thought I was the only one who did this! Delicious.

• Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

That sounds good! Can't wait to try it. :)
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options

omg genius. I must try that one day!
  • roselemonade
    roselemonade Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Put grapes on toothpicks, dip in peanut butter, then freeze. PB & J micro-popsicles!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Fat-free Kool Whip put between fat-free graham crackers then freeze them. Don't squish the top graham cracker down really hard, or you will squish out all the Kool Whip! Freeze them on a paper plate, then when frozen you can put in ziplock baggies....YUMMMMMM
  • roselemonade
    roselemonade Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sliced up really crisp apple (probably will wait for autumn to pull this one out again) with Saigon cinnamon (also called Vietnamese cinnamon, it's extra-fragrant and spicy) and sometimes a sprinkle of PB2/peanut flour. Mini tartlet cups filled with fresh berries and a dab of whipped cream. Diet black cherry soda. Frozen berries + yogurt in the blender/food processor to make really dense berry frozen yogurt that tastes amazing when it's hot out. Warm milk with a little sugar-free caramel syrup.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt with coconut stevia and frozen berries, sometimes blended, sometimes not. To me it's as good as any ice cream.

I like unsweetened cocoa or cocoa nibs, with coconut stevia, and a little yogurt, sometimes frozen berries, sometime PB2 powdwer or peanut butter (depending on how the days calories are adding up)

I also like toasted sour dough bread, with about a 1/4 tablespoon butter, about the same with raw honey, and cinnamon. To me it's as good as a snickerdoodle.

I like to make egg white pumpkin custard, egg white pancakes, and egg white waffles with protein powder and coconut or vanilla stevia.
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Apples! Simple and they actually satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fruit and bitter chocolate ( 70% or more Cacao ) ,sometimes vegan cookies
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard mention of raisins yet? Just a tiny bit hits the spot for me!

And sometimes nothing but actual sugar/candy works so I have a piece of hard candy. Suck slowly.
  • shay77223
    shay77223 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate covered almonds, winco has surprisingly good ones in the bulk foods. Frozen blueberries are also awesome! I also love a bowl of peach slices and milk with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg(little sugar if you wanna go crazy) sooo good!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    85% cocoa dark chocolate

I eat this stuff every morning

It is good for your heart and yummy

0r350qafa1uq.jpg