WOMEN: when do you get your most accurate readings after your period?

Options
I usually don't pay period bloat to much attention. But I was really on a roll with the weight loss and I just want to get back to my normal numbers. I'm about 3 pounds up from bloating (I hope that's what it's from). So anyway HOW MUCH WEIGHT DO YOU GAIN AND HOW LONG UNTIL IT GOES AWAY?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    There is no single "accurate" reading, body weight naturally fluctuates.

Weight is a range, not a number.
  • KyleeFBabyy
    KyleeFBabyy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Following
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't gain before or during my period. If I gain (some months I do, some I don't, and it's never enough to be visible...anywhere from zero to three pounds) it will be around ovulation. The week before my period is often the week I lose the most weight. I just weigh once a week regardless. Any water weight fluctuations won't be a big deal if you just look at the trend.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,972 Member
    Options
    When I gain just before my period, it's usually less than 1 kg ... usually maybe 0.5 kg. And then I lose it on about Day 3 of the period.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Weight is definitely a range.

I find mine varies depending on the time of the month, whether or not I've been drinking alcohol/enough water, and how hard I have recently worked my muscles.

My range is currently between 184-186 lbs.
    I saw 183 when I first woke up this afternoon for work, but I will not record that weight until I have seen the reading two days in a row.
    I always weigh myself after I get wake up, right after I have used the restroom. I weigh myself daily so I can keep a better record of my fluctuations, which I don't monitor on MFP or any other app, I just take mental notes and don't stress the numbers too much. I'm still losing, although slower than I want, and that's all that matters for now. :grin:
  • LondonParis08
    LondonParis08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    raimac123 wrote: »
    I usually don't pay period bloat to much attention. But I was really on a roll with the weight loss and I just want to get back to my normal numbers. I'm about 3 pounds up from bloating (I hope that's what it's from). So anyway HOW MUCH WEIGHT DO YOU GAIN AND HOW LONG UNTIL IT GOES AWAY?

Approx 1-2 kgs I put on - )that time of the month). Your body holds on to fluid as its the bodies natural response to reserve blood loss.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Generally up to 5lbs
    Normally within 5 days of starting
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Upto 4-5 lbs. It stays uptil a week after Tom starts and then whoosh, a new low!
  • Shaz3k
    Shaz3k Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Usually about 1kg in bloating, I always note in my calorie counting software with a P, so I know. And then a few days after it ends, it's dropped and most times if I'm good, it's dropped a little more than I gained. :) I did read somewhere that your metabolism is supposed to increase when Aunty Flo has arrived.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Usually the weight goes 2-3 days after period is gone. I've gained as little as 2lbs and as much as 8lbs during my period. It's annoying.
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself anymore at that time, but i know i would see a scale gain of 2kgs. It goes away one week after the begining of my periods (this following week i see the lowest weight of the month on the scale).
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I can gain up to 5 or 6lbs and then it goes and I usually see my lowest weight of my cycle 2 or 3 days after it is over.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    There is no single "accurate" reading, body weight naturally fluctuates.

Weight is a range, not a number.

This. Your weight is your weight at any given point in time. There's no inaccuracy in your weight due to having your period.

That being said, my bloating subsides 2-3 days after my period starts. Then my weight spikes a couple of weeks later at ovulation. Then it dips. Then it increases again a day or two before my period.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a couple days after I start. Other times not until I'm done. But as they've said, you're never a consistent weight.