Help!

Options
I've been a bit of a forum lurker and just wondered if anyone else had gone through a break-up while on their weightloss journey. I've been doing pretty well with the gym and logging and the weight is slowly coming off. My boyfriend of over 3 years broke up with me at the weekend and I'm really struggling. I'm finding it very hard to really eat anything as I feel so sick and I know this is not good. Trying to at least hit my minimum but was way under yesterday. I only managed a small dinner. I know once I'm over the shock I'll be able to eat but I'm terrified I hit up all the comfort food and undo all of my hard work so far. Anyone else been through something like this too?

Replies

• KHS86
    KHS86 Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you're appetite is low and you're struggling to meet your minimum try and eat the calorie dense foods...

Here's some ideas

Cereal
    Pasta
    Peanut butter
    Nutella
    Cheese
    Chocolate
    Nuts
    Fruits / dried fruits
    Bacon
    Beef
    Donuts
    Baked beans
    Potato Salad
    Rice
    Coconut
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I see a few of the comfort foods I hit hard core up there.
    Cheese and Pasta.
    Chocolate.

Went through a rough break up in January, it hit me HARD just after my birthday in February when I had to file harassment charges against his new 'girlfriend'(He later told me they were never actually 'together'). He also apologized and they 'broke up' later that same day.

I would hit up 2 cups of mac and cheese with a cut up hot dog and some sriracha, sour cream, and two eggs on top for extra protein. It was my one meal a day.

Eventually I started eating watermelon and some broccoli. Just make sure you take time for you and drink LOTS of water. Dehydration will make you feel worse after all the crying.
    Keep exercising and remember it's about you and no one else.

I haven't actually seen the douche canoe since January and that was 36 pounds ago.

Eventually, unfortunately not any time soon, you realize you are more important and closure in the situation can come from no other person other than yourself.
  • soontobeslim87
    soontobeslim87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, will try and eat something a bit higher cal. It's the first time I've ever had to make myself eat. Normally I'm fighting hunger but it's the total opposite. Just going to take each day at a time and hopefully I'll feel a bit more like a human being after a few days.
  • jessicahillierx
    jessicahillierx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Firstly, im so sorry for what you're going through, ive had exactly the same thing with a boyfriend of 3 years and nobody can put themselves in your emotional shoes right now, if you want to speak to someone with an unbiased opinion then I'm here :)
    Don't worry about diet food or anything right now, focus on actually eating. Whether it's a whole pizza or a cube of chocolate, just focus on having something.
    Slowly your appetite will come back, & when it does i would Deffo recommend gathering up all your emotions all your anger and sadness and burning the hell out of it all at the gym. It'll be a great stress relief and will be super productive.
    Hope I helped x
  • soontobeslim87
    soontobeslim87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @jessicahillierx thanks I'm doing as well as I can given that I feel like the world around me is falling apart. I just really don't want to undo all my hard work. I've been told it gets better and easier so just waiting for that to kick in. Just as long as all the lbs don't pile back on then I guess that's a small achievement!