Good low calorie cookbooks?

Options
Garlic_Geek
Garlic_Geek Posts: 8 Member
Wanted to post to see if anyone knew of any really good low calorie cookbooks. Right now I only have the SkinnyTaste cookbook (which I love) plus whatever I can get off misc. websites, but I much prefer a book.

Replies

• meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The mayo clinic has a bunch of cookbooks out, they are pretty good for health food ;)
  • sbro9477
    sbro9477 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try themoodiefoodie.com.au looks of good recipes on her web site
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love love the http://inspiralized.com/ website and her cookbook. I bought it 4 times as gifts and my brother just sent me an autographed copy last week!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I prefer cookbooks too. I love my Mediterranean Cookbook. Its got a blue cover if you see a lot when you google it. The food is healthy and delicious. Its not a "skinny cookbook" but if you eat the food in this book, you will be fine.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The Hairy Dieters (aka lower calorie cookbooks by the Hairy Bikers). They have 3 books out and all of them are excellent. I also love the Skinnytaste cookbook and website (and that is my number 1 go-to for recipes) and these cookbooks are much along those lines. The Hairy Bikers are based in the UK.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    The Art of Eating Well by Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley is another good one.
  • Garlic_Geek
    Garlic_Geek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations so far everyone! There are definitely some good looking books in there.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I like the Michelle Bridges cookbooks - I use them all the time.
  • MMGC69
    MMGC69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Instead of spending money on books, please try Pinterest and Yummly websites. They work better if you dpwnload app. Both give pics with recipes. And there are several options to choose from, this is coming from someone who is beginning to cook woth more confidence every day. I am married and now have 3 kids and as we all know kids can be very honest about whether food is good and taste is good! Try it! Be blessed!
  • evelynfitzpatrick520
    Options
    I like the Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook. I have the 1992 edition. Amazon still shows this edition and the 1997 edition as available from third party sellers. The recipes all have pictures and nutrition information. The 1997 edition shows a ring bound book. Those are much easier to use than traditional hardback books. My hardback edition of this cookbook fell apart. I drilled holes in the pages and put it in a notebook. I still use this cookbook. It is my favorite "diet" cookbook.

PS: I am getting rid of some of my diabetic cookbooks. PM me if you are interested. I will give them to you for the price of postage.
  • GenevieveRox
    GenevieveRox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a lot of great recipes. I highly suggest checking it out.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like the Fitness Gourmet cookbook, it has three variations for each recipe depending on your needs (bulk, cut, maintain).

Also Lorraine Pascale's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food is good - it's not a diet cookbook but a lot of the recipes are around 600 calories.

I also have the Hairy Dieter's book, the one with the yellow cover and that's good too. Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals also work well too!
  • AutumnSal
    AutumnSal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ainsley Harriott's Low Fat Meals in Minutes - this is a 2007 cook book but the meals are amazing and very simple. Also I dip in and out of the 'Clean & Lean diet cook book' by James Duigan (but i do find his meals sometimes a bit expensive) Have fun!
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is great, and free. I did buy her cookbook as well.. good stuff. I also like cooking light- lots of recipes on their web page. Mostly I use their recipes as inspiration/jumping off point. some can be quite complicated.
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Spark people has recipes on their site that are yummy! They are mostly member submitted & have nutrition info with them as well. I've tried many of the recipes on there & they are great!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are so many good websites these days, I would just make my own. You will find do many using the websites already shared. If you use msn as a home page you will see articles on food. Just watch for ones with recipes and healthy cooking. Also check out the recipes under the blog tab on the top of MFP and look at Recipes (a category of the Message board).

I Facebook with many people that post recipes. If they look good and are low calorie, I copy and try it. If it is good, I add it to my collection. I use a large 3 ring binder with divisions: Main entree, salads, soups, side dishes..... You get the idea. Have fun cooking!

70044776.png