Premium question?

Options
kitty1119
kitty1119 Posts: 7 Member
has anyone upgraded to premium? do you like it? pro's and con's would you renew it when the year is up?

Replies

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I have it for 2 reasons. 1st I like how I can set my goals by grams instead of percentages & 2nd if I am paying for something; I won't waste money; so this forces me from quitting. However I can't afford to pay for an entire year upfront, so I'm paying monthly. While paying monthly will eventually cost me more money, I have the flexibility to quit sooner than a year; if circumstances force me to since I have disabilities.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    kitty1119 wrote: »
    has anyone upgraded to premium? do you like it? pro's and con's would you renew it when the year is up?

oooo I'd like to know this as well.

Personally I have not ... yet but I'm considering it as a 'reward' for myself when I reach my 2 yr maint anniversary. :)
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I have, I think the system runs faster as you do not have to wait for the adds to load.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    I have, I think the system runs faster as you do not have to wait for the adds to load.
    Or you could just get adblock and save your money
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    kitty1119 wrote: »

I upped to premium in the beginning thinking I would get a bit better reporting - I am a nerd with those things. I admit that I am disappointed with both the reporting and the personal recipe organization. The last thing that bugs me is that I can't seem to export my data. Again, however, I am geeky about tacking numbers (not a slave to them mind you; but accurate daily information leads to better trend data). On the flip side, the motivation to keep using it is stronger because I paid for one year to try it out. So while MFP Premium doesn't fit my needs exactly, it has a few perks. I will re-assess at the end of the year, but I will most likely just continue on at a 'free' level next year unless they add some functionality. But, It is kinds dependent upon what works for you - my cons may not be important to others they way they are to me.
  • kitty1119
    kitty1119 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the responses. I will stay with the freebie version