Keep failing at day one!

Options
I just seem to not be able to even get through half the day without thinking what crap I can go and buy myself. I am in such a bad way. I am wondering if I am ever going to be able to actually achieve my goals. That isn't even an option. If I carry on like this il be double the size I am now! :(

Replies

• labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You can eat crap food and loss weight, just try to eat better over time.
  • KateKyi
    KateKyi Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Some people, myself included,over eat on the crap. If I go food shopping I buy crap. If I shop online and dont see it I dont buy it and therefore dont eat it. Its hard to limit food you love to eat. I know exactly where you are coming from when you get through half the day and think I need it now! The trick is to say not today. Instead do a little bit of exercise or drink some water. Both of these over come the need to eat. You need to trick yourself into not going and buying the crap and eating it. Find a hobby, go swimming, ride your bike, whatever you do stay away from the shop that has the food you crave.
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You are not failing you are starting. It's your first step on that journey each day things will get easier
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time, and change little things. Small changes add up over time, like a snowball rolling down a hill. Drink water instead of soda, eat a nice apple at lunch instead of cookies, etc. You can do this!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Food=/=Crap. They are not the same thing. It might be helpful to fundamentally change how you think about food. The great thing about CICO is that no food is villified. You can eat literally whatever you want within your calorie deficit and lose weight.
  • anya62
    anya62 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If I say I can't have something the more I crave it. If you go into this thinking of what you can't have you will definitely not make it. Don't think of it as a diet, think of it as eating to be healthy. I find that I will be craving something sweet and if I snack on a serving size of grapes or other fruit, my craving goes away. My downfall is cheese curls. When I can't go without them I buy a small bag. I put 1 portion each into separate baggies and when I want it I have one baggie, record it and move on. If you eat slowly and really appreciate what you are eating your craving should be satisfied. But you have to get rid of the mind set that you CAN'T have it. You CAN be in control of your cravings.
  • bcgolfpages
    bcgolfpages Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't think of not eating crap as depriving yourself think rather of improving yourself. Remember your mindset when you decided to start. Keep reminding yourself of your goal. Find fruits and veggies that you like to eat, you can eat as many of those as you like when you're hungry. Start (at least watching) fitness blender on you tube. I find just watching the exercise video make me want to get up and do one or two of the exercises like marching in place, you know the easy ones. I am 247 and I still find it very hard to just get up and down off the floor, baby steps
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's about how many calories you consume, not what foods you eat. Now, to meet those calories goals in a way that's healthy and keeps you from being hungry, you will end up eating less 'junk' food and more healthy choices. But that doesn't mean you can't have high-calorie, low-nutrition foods (that's what I define junk food as). Just figure out a portion and fit it into your day. The key is to actually weigh out the portion sizes to make it manageable for you. I still eat chips and cookies and drink soda. I've just figured out what a good portion size for me is that doesn't use a ton of my daily calories, but still feels emotionally satisfying.

You'll go over some days, especially when you're first starting out. That just happens. When it does, log it and start fresh the next day. One bad day won't ruin your progress and doesn't make you a failure, unless you let it.
  • raleighzia
    raleighzia Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would just take it one day at a time and try not to think negatively. The day's add up and a positive mind certainly helps!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look - if you have 1 bad day and 2 good ones - chances are you're still making progress. You just need to get past the "I screwed up - I need to start over" thoughts.

You did screw up - we've all screwed up. Just get back up & dust yourself off. Continue forward. You can do this!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you cant manage one day, then you need to re-examin your plan. Its onbiously too much too soon.
    Id suggest just practice logging your food without restriction to get used to the app, using scales to weigh and understand what you are eating. This forms the bedrock of calorie control. Two weeks of that would encourage consistency. There is no reason you cannot achieve that unless you simply dont have the commitment.

Focus one day at a time. You can lose weight if you apply yourself.