Hungry Girl Mac and Cheese

Options
WifedUpMartin
WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
I just wanted everyone to know... I am in LOVE with the recipe on the Hungry Girl website for mac and cheese! Mac and cheese has been my favorite food ever since I was little and I'm so glad that I found a good alternative! I don't know if this recipe is on here already or not but I just thought I'd share in case you haven't heard of it yet.

6 cups (about 24 oz.) frozen Green Giant Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce
2 cups uncooked Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Rotini Pasta (or another whole-wheat or whole-wheat-blend pasta)
3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
Optional: salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
Prepare pasta according to the instructions on the box, and then drain well and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place contents of the cauliflower & sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 12 - 16 minutes, until sauce has melted and cauliflower is hot.

Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Set aside. Unwrap cheese wedges and place in a small microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, and then add to the bowl.

Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the Laughing Cow cheese is evenly distributed and the pasta and cauliflower are coated in cheese sauce. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 202
Fat: 4.5g
Sodium: 825mg
Carbs: 36g
Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 8.5g

When I made it I cut the cauliflower into really small pieces because I thought that it would be weird but it actually worked really well in here! It was a nice way to get some veggies hidden in there! I traded out the whole wheat rotini for Barilla PLUS Multigrain Pasta because I'm not a fan of whole wheat pasta and the cals were the same. I doubled the recipe so I could have leftovers for the rest of the week and when I had it for lunch one day I stirred in some Hormel Peppered Bacon Bits (25 cals for TBSP) and it was so yummy! My boyfriend loved it as well and we can't wait to have it again! We made it as a side dish for our marinated pork chops and it worked perfectly!

Replies