Hello from Ottawa!

Options
rina471
rina471 Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone! I am in week 2 of my weight loss journey, and am hoping to find some friends to keep the motivation going, and to exchange fun recipe and exercise ideas with.

I am turning 30 soon, and live in Ottawa, Canada. Most of my hobbies are solitary and involve sitting on my bum (piano, knitting, mediating) so I am looking for a few fun and active things to do.

I will be happy to hear from anyone, but especially from any fellow Ottawans that may be out there!

Replies

• jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP. I'm also in Ottawa. It's a great place to be for fitness/outdoors activities. You'll find things you like as you go. I like to run along the Canal or by the parkway behind the aviation museum. I love biking in the Gatineau Park or hiking. All things that can be done on your own.
  • rina471
    rina471 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi jvs...thanks for reminding me, I keep meaning to get my bike out... I just moved to a different part of town and will explore the paths around me. And I have yet to explore Gatineau park. Good suggestions. How do you manage in the winter?
  • rpottr
    rpottr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am from Ottawa as well. Skating the canal is a lot of fun in the winter and a good workout. I actually learnt how to skate as an adult by skating the canal each weekend just last winter! Winter is tough on the motivation though for sure.

I would love to have some Ottawans for some accountability and swapping fun ideas! I've been on and off MFP forever but this is my first time trying to reach out to others.

Rebecca
  • sebastienchartrand842
    Options
    Hi ;)

Im also from Ottawa .. Parkdale avenue... I cant wait running and rollerblading on parkway :)