Weight loss&tummy after having baby

Options
Just had my first baby almost two months ago. I gained over 50pounds during pregnacy. How did you moms get rid of the mushy pouch on your stomach after birth. Does it ever go away if so about how long does it take? And any advise or tips on it. Also I'm not new to weight loss diet or exercise but this time around it seems more difficult any advice? I want 50+ gone!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Firstly give yourself a break, you've just made an entire human being and the phrase 9 months on, 9 months off springs to mind

Your body will be rampant with hormonal fluctuations, and if you are breastfeeding that may further complicate matters with additional calories required to ensure you don't put your bf at risk (3-500 over MFP calorie allowance)

But it boils down to eat at a calorie defecit, move more, lift heavy things and get some sleep

I've had two children ...took till my youngest was 10 to lose my baby weight and get my figure back :)
  • maryholton12
    maryholton12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same situation I had my daughter almost 7 months ago and the mushiness on the stomach does get better with time. However recently I tried a it works body wrap to tighten the skin a little more and I did notice a bit of a difference but I want to lose more weight before I do another. Also I think (at least for me) its harder after having a baby because there is so little time in one day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    mrice94mr wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same situation I had my daughter almost 7 months ago and the mushiness on the stomach does get better with time. However recently I tried a it works body wrap to tighten the skin a little more and I did notice a bit of a difference but I want to lose more weight before I do another. Also I think (at least for me) its harder after having a baby because there is so little time in one day.

Body wraps don't do anything but dehydrate you ...I would recommend you save your money
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    After 3 kids exercise is the only thing that's getting rid of the "mush". I can lose weight just fine but will never be back to my pre pregnancy body on diet alone.
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies
  • chasingthesun85
    chasingthesun85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It gets better the more weight you lose, the skin will probably always be loose depending on how much you gained and your skin elasticity but when I was at my skinniest I had a flat tummy and it was pretty much nonexistent, I've since gained back about 20 lbs and the belly came back with it.