Cottage Cheese Recipies...????

Options
nisharae
nisharae Posts: 204
Hey All.. So I have been wanting to try cottage cheese, knowing its one of those very healthy foods that would be good to eat.. I am a little skeptical, more about the texture than the actual taste.. I was was wondering how ya'll like to eat it.. Looking for some yummy ideas... Thanks ya'll!!

<3 Nisharae

Replies

• tracybarnhill
    tracybarnhill Posts: 124
    Options
    I eat mine with Tomatoes and Pepper, sometimes I add a bit of sea salt. Buy the small curd and it is better on the texture. Not so clumpy...

Tracy
  • ariesangel
    ariesangel Posts: 15
    Options
    i eat it plain. i love cottage cheese. i know some people eat it with a little bit of fruit. crushed or chunk pineapple (in its own juices if you get the canned variety) is really good with cottage cheese.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my mom would mix it with apple sauce and some fruit cocktail (the canned stuff). The measurements are definitely to taste, but I like it about half and half, with maybe just a little less applesauce than cottage cheese, then add in a small can of fruit cocktail.
  • Chasy21
    Chasy21 Posts: 19
    Options
    I buy the canned pinapple and eat it with that
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    add pineapple or kiwi :)
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with Tomatoes and Pepper, sometimes I add a bit of sea salt. Buy the small curd and it is better on the texture. Not so clumpy...

Tracy

Ditto!
  • MicheleRussell
    MicheleRussell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh I love cottage cheese! I used to binge on it with crushed up potato chips in it....now I throw in a few sunflower seed kernels for that same type of crunchy texture without all the calories! I also sometimes sprinkle with a bit of red pepper flakes or sodium free seasonings. I always make sure I eat the fat free version though, no difference in taste from the full-fat version. My kids love it with mandarin oranges.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    I had a post like this a couple of months ago...only bc I accidentally bought cottage cheese ( I don't like it). I have to be honest that I never ended up trying any of the recipes, but I did get lots of great feed back. Just hit search (above) and type in cottage cheese. The thread was started by me (hwilliams519).
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it plain!

Or with chopped up green onion, a little salt and pepper.

I lurveeeee it!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    With apples and cinnamon...Tasty...

Or with Granola

Try and find a low sodium version.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options

McKay.. God Bless You!!! :) This will be a great treat way to try it... And all the recipies great ideas.. I think I may be brave and try some tonight... But if you have any other ideas throw em out there... Would love to hear em!

Ya'll Rock!
    <3 Nisha Rae
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    I mix mine with some guacamole and eat it the same way as quac....in a chip, on a taco, on a salad, etc :-P Yummmm.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie!

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup fat-free low sodium cottage cheese
    2 packets of sweetener
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup of milk
    1/8-1/4 cup of water if too thick.

Blend.

= 3 WW Points
    = 192 cals, 346 mg sodium, 31g carbs, 6g fiber, 0g fat, 19g protein

Take it from me, a cheese-hater, this is delicious!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of mayo for alot things and it goes really good in egg salad
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

McKay.. God Bless You!!! :) This will be a great treat way to try it... And all the recipies great ideas.. I think I may be brave and try some tonight... But if you have any other ideas throw em out there... Would love to hear em!

Ya'll Rock!
    <3 Nisha Rae

Awesome! Let me know what you think of it. :)
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use ¼ cup of cottage cheese, ¼ cup of vanilla yogourt, one cup of whatever fruit I have on hand and mix everything together. For extra fiber, I add 1/3 cup of Bran Buds.
  • sasser215
    sasser215 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My breakfast almost every morning is 3/4 c cottage cheese, 1 pkt splenda, 2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 c pineapple. It is seriously delicious. Sometimes I add 1 1/2 tbsp slivered Almonds.

This equals approx 270 cals :)
  • plainjane7
    plainjane7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Fluff Salad

1 small carton lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese
    1 small can crushed pineapple, in juice, drained very well
    1 (3 oz) sugar free strawberry Jello
    1 small carton lite or fat free Cool Whip

Sprinkle dry Jello over cottage cheese and mix.
    Add drained pineapple and mix. Stir in Cool Whip. Chill

I have also used peaches instead of pineapple and used peach Jello. Or mandarin oranges & orange Jello.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    bump!!!! Weird, I was just going to post this while I was eating cottage cheese today. =)