How did you do it?

Options
Oranje12
Oranje12 Posts: 2 Member
It's so wonderful to see all the success stories here. For those of us still working towards our goal, it would be really helpful if we could get an overview on "what worked for YOU". Was it eating 1200 calories and walking everyday? 2000 calories and weightlifting? What did you do to reach the success you have and how long did it take? Bonus points for adding pictures :)

Thanks in advance for the help and support!

Replies

• asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was running. It gives me the freedom to eat ALMOST whatever I want. But it's a ton of work. I run and or walk on the treadmill every night for about an hour and a half. I only log in half the calories that the treadmill says I burned, and I always add an extra 100 calories to my food diary, to make up for errors. Best of luck to you!
  • thetrickstergib
    thetrickstergib Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is the 2nd time I'm on a weight reducing program, first time was from 220lb (100kg) down to 145lb (65kg). This time around I started at 178lb (80kg) and want to get to 155lb (70kg). Currently 76kg. A desk job has hurt the waistline!

I think for me, it having a good results each week, which keeps me positive. With the main gauge being my scales. Even if its a tiny loss, its a loss - a step in the right direction. Pick a day in the week (for me Thurs) and only do a single weight in. I tried daily weigh-ins and got depressed as it yo-yoed during the week.

Food - I try and track as much as I can - seeing the list of food I've eaten each day, makes me realise 'yes, I have eaten enough for today'.

Exercise... Running is my main activity - 3 days a week, twice a day (as I run to work and back). The other two days I do a LIGHT circuit at the gym at lunchtime. Sat/Sun I don't do anything, and might even enjoy a meal out - don't go without any treats/rewards. Don't try and build muscle at the same time as losing weight, you will (well I tried) get depressed that the scales aren't moving, even though the fat% is going down, but the muscle% is going up.

Having done this twice now, it comes down to three simple things: eat better, exercise more - and a will to succeed. Only you (personally) can push yourself to go outside in the rain, to get up at 06:00 for a jog, to not be tempted by that chocolate bar.

Before and 'At the moment' photos attached.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm down 60 and been at it since jan 3. Tracking tracking tracking. I cannot be trusted to guess. Use a scale, use measuring tools and chose the weight loss plan you want. I choose 2 a week and walk mostly with a bit of yoga ball and hand weights. and I do calories, I don't look at anything else. usually if the fat is high so are the calories so there ya go. LOL
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Down 55 lb in 10 months. Method is simply maintaining a daily net calorie deficit (food in - exercise) and logging everything and every day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!