Post-Workout Brain Fog?

Options
This isn't intended as gym-bragging. I did about 1.5 or 1.75 times the amount of workout I usually do (because this week my other comittments are easier to deal with) this morning. The habit's built, now I need to level up. BUT, I feel like I'm in a fog: sleepy, unfocused, like I need a nap or a ton of food or both. I've had plenty of water, food, a Powerade Zero, and now I'm drinking iced coffee. Any suggestions on how to get my brain in gear?

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Sugar + sleep.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Low blood sugar. Eat more carbs.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You used up your easy energy sources that was feeding your muscles and the brain. Assuming you don't have any medical issues rest, electrolytes, and sugars unless you're a fat-burner. How's your blood pressure? Faint if you stand up? May I suggest taking tomorrow off as well.
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    POWERade zero probably only has sugar substitutes no real sugar
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a fruit smoothie (with or without protein) or a sports drink with real sweetner.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP that isn't gym bragging and actually sounding like you know how to push yourself hard enough to hurt yourself. Welcome to the club. Not really this club isn't exactly a positive club. You might want to eat more before your hard workout.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Your blood sugar is crashing. Have a snack with both protein and carbs before the workout and then again after it.