What do you do with pb2?

Options
jennarandhayes
jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
I just bought a jar of pb2 and tried it on an English muffin. It does the trick, but it's quite dry. What do you use it on/in?

Replies

• tika76
    tika76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add to smoothies and protein shakes, add to protein/breakfast bars
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Shakes!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love mixing it with some Greek vanilla yogurt, reminds me of peanut butter pie filling!
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, protein bars, PB frosting, fruit dip, anything that PB goes with! But I don't use it dry. It's always mixed with something to give it more substance and bring the flavor out more
  • Serena795
    Serena795 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use it to make peanut butter-based sauces, when I want the flavor without all the calories. I also mix it into my oatmeal so my oatmeal is very thick and doughy (I find this yummy).
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you put a tad maple syrup in it it isn't as dry. I mean a tad! Don't want to add extra calories. I use it on everything I would use peanut butter on. I've even used it in no bake cookies
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    We use it to replace the peanut butter in our overnight oats. It's not as strong, obviously, but for how little calories it has, it's a go to now.
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy PB2 (GNC, grocery store)? I've never seen it.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Search online for the product. That's where I get PB2 and other brands of dried nut powders.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I bought it, hated it (all I taste is salt), gave it to my friend, and she likes to put it in smoothies and use it in baking.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I get mine at Target (one w/ a grocery store)

I like to stir PB2 in oatmeal....then sweeten with maple syrup.

I 2nd the Greek yogurt add in. I like to throw in some Grapenuts cereal too....nutty & crunchy. I wouldn't mix with water for "crunchy" things like crackers or toast....you could mix it with jelly though.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    First I mix it with the water so it makes a paste, then instead of spreading honey on the other piece of bread, I mix the honey for my sandwich right into the PB2.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Grocery store
    GNC
    Vitamin Shoppe
    Walmart
    Target

This is where I've seen it around me.

I mix the powder with water and then use it as a dip for apples/ wheat thins usually.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    • Dip fruit in it (I don't add water, just dip sliced apple or banana right into the powder).
    • Add to protein shakes.
    • Add to plain greek yogurt, either to make dip for fruits and veggies or add some jam and have PB&J greek yogurt.
    • Use as a substitute for some or all of the peanut butter called for in recipes to reduce calories. I usually only substitute all of it if it's a sauce. If baking peanut butter muffins or something, I would use half PB and some PB2 (usually I put in more than the half PB I left out).
    I only tried adding water and spreading it toast once. Not yummy for me. But I might try adding some to jam or to this chocolate peanut butter I bought that isn't peanutty enough for me.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    If its too dry for you, add some more water to thin in down. I like to spread it on rice cakes (chocolate is the best), add it to my morning oatmeal, and granola bars. you could dip sliced apple or banana in it also.
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of adding it to sugar free or fat free Cool Whip and then freezing. Haven't decided if I should mix with water first but I think I will because I don't think it will mix up well if not.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    I love mixing it with some Greek vanilla yogurt, reminds me of peanut butter pie filling!

Oh...I need to try this. YUM!!
  • BurningLove79
    BurningLove79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've added a couple tablespoons of light grape juice to it and made a pb&j sandwich.

Love the cool whip idea, I'll have to try it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I add it to greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, and even ice cream if I buy a more plain kind with a lower calorie count. It tastes nice with almond milk as well but I never liked drinking my calories much.