online coach

Options
Hey guys,

Have you ever hired/bought a package like workout plan from an online coach ? Like from Jeff Seid or something. Did it work ? And what is the biggest difference from doing your own workout ? Is it wise to buy something like that ?

PS i have experience with lifting brahs.

Replies

• kelleyjhale
    kelleyjhale Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I honestly own three of the beacbbody programs and use the on demand. I think it is a matter of what you are looking for in terms of the workout, support and guidance.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    There is a difference in buying a plan from Jeff Seid or Joe Friel compared to a beachbody MLM "coach" with no fracking credentials.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you need. I could never make something like that work. Mostly because I can't stand "canned" programs. I like to fit in fitness wherever I can.

I mostly run but honestly I do whatever I want so long as it's the equivalent to five miles of running a day. That means if I boogie the night away Saturday (limiting the drinks - I drink a lot of water) then Sunday I'm off! If I walk around an amusement park for 12 hours that, to me, is enough exercise for the day (although I throw in a 30 minute walk every morning for my doggie no matter what :wink: ). If I play hopscotch and do cartwheels with my niece that counts towards my daily total. Jumping rope definitely counts! I would never succeed on a regimented schedule.

I have friends on here who do very well with that sort of thing though. They need the regimented structure. I don't know of anyone who's stuck with it for years, though. Everyone I know who's been doing this for years kind of has tailored their own program.

Bottom line is it's hard to tell what might work for a particular person without knowing them pretty well but whatever you decide, I hope you succeed.