need womens advice!!

Options
Has anyone had problems shifting weight on the implant?! Could you message me please xx

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Do you mean losing weight while using a birth control implant?

You may have to be more specific if you want answers..."implant" can mean 1000 different things.
  • melissabowers515
    melissabowers515 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah thts Wat I ment, I cant say ive ever heard of another implant
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Breast implants?

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    calories in < calories out. Works in 99.999999% of cases.
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dental implants? My husband lost 10 lbs. after getting them. Once he healed, now all he does is eat and is actually gain weight.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

all organ and tissue transplants are technically implants (kidney, liver, pancreas, skin, bone marrow, etc.)

cosmetic implants (breast, muscle, buttock, calf, chin, etc.)

dental implants

surgical implants of all sorts--I personally have clips, plates and screws in my head as well as a bunch of metal in my abdomen
  • thursdayswoman
    thursdayswoman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had problems shifting weight on the implant?! Could you message me please xx

Studies show that the implant has less impact on weight loss or gain, possibly because the hormones are stable over time and the metabolism adjusts easier than to oral contraceptives, which can vary due to timing or inactive ingredients. However, the implant is signifigantly less effective for women over 50 kg (110 pounds) - 3.5 pregnancies/100, while for women less than 50 kg it's 1/100.

• mystgrl1604
    mystgrl1604 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im on nexplanon, and i do find it hard to lose weight, but i blame that on poor eating and exercise habits and the fact that im 27 and havent done a second of exercise until 3mos ago. So my metabolism is probably slower than a turtle. Haha!
  • melissabowers515
    melissabowers515 Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have been eating really well and excersising so im feelin very dissapointed :( thts the only reason I downloaded ths to keep track properly of Wat im eatin and its since I got ths daft thng in tht ive put on over a stone in a month and I was never told tht! Am I right in thinkin tht over 8 stone ur 3.5-100!!? Thts pretty bloody high!!! Xx
  • mystgrl1604
    Options
    Well, I've had the implant for 3yrs and not pregnant yet! Haha! Plus I didn't gain weight on it. No mood swings as well. The only downside I can see is that I started getting a spotty back from the hormonal changes but if my bf is willing to put up with it, I am to. Hehe. Just working to lose all my excess weight now! I've been working out for 3 months and dropped just over 5lbs. It's easy to get discouraged but as my bf keeps on telling me, I'm losing inches and I feel myself getting fitter cardiovascularly!

So just keep on it! Maybe you need to change your workout routine? Your body does get used to it and plateaus. You need to keep changing your routine every month or so.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Im on nexplanon, and i do find it hard to lose weight, but i blame that on poor eating and exercise habits and the fact that im 27 and havent done a second of exercise until 3mos ago. So my metabolism is probably slower than a turtle. Haha!

You win!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm on the nexplanon and have lost 10 lbs on it from 108 to 98. It might influence your appetite but I haven't had any issues. Plus I have no period, I love mine.
  • mystgrl1604
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

You win!

I try! Hahaha! Though Im not sure what i won? *uncertain* hahahahahaha
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Am I right in thinkin tht over 8 stone ur 3.5-100!!? Thts pretty bloody high!!! Xx

I don't even know what that means....
  • mystgrl1604
    Options
    Am I right in thinkin tht over 8 stone ur 3.5-100!!? Thts pretty bloody high!!! Xx

Im assuming that's the probability of me getting pregnant. 3.5 chance out of a hundred.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Im assuming that's the probability of me getting pregnant. 3.5 chance out of a hundred.

Do you mean while using the implant for contraception? not sure what being over 8 stone has to do with that? no contraceptive is 100% effective, surely your doctor told you that??
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have mirena in for the last almost 2 months and I'm losing weight really well. I've lost 24 pounds since having it in and still losing an average of 1-2 pounds per week with clean eating and exercise
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Every friend I have who has gotten the BC implant or shot has had issues with weight gain. there's something about the progesterone that makes many women either eat more or burn less or both.
  • mystgrl1604
    Options

Do you mean while using the implant for contraception? not sure what being over 8 stone has to do with that? no contraceptive is 100% effective, surely your doctor told you that??

Yes of course. I was just clarifying what the previous poster was stating.
  • kgracesch
    kgracesch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    calories in < calories out. Works in 99.999999% of cases.
    Yep