emotional eater

Options
Hi guys! This is my first time in a long time joining a health forum. I have gained a lot of weight recently. I was big from a few years back also but the weight just piled on recently. I just want to be healthy as a first step. I used to be very slim and now people treat my differently. Though it is annoying/heartbreaking, it is fascinating. I guess there are some Conditionals out there, folks who will treat you nicely on condition that you look a certain way. But the thing that really made me snap into action was a woman determining that i am either diabetic or pre diabetic in such a sure manner even if she has no idea really. I want to get back in shape and not feel pain going up and down my stairs. I am 5'9 and around 250 pounds. My goal is 150.

I have been using the app and I notice I eat a lot of carbs and fat. I love MFP. Thanks!

Replies

• plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I'm 5'9 too although it's great being tall but tall and on the larger side not so much hence the journey into running and MFP
    I'm aiming for 150 also 10lbs to go and it's tough
  • alliebug135
    alliebug135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2 my starting weight was 290 I am now at 273 and been here a few weeks. how are yall losing the weight