girls workout gym routine

Options
Looking for anyone willing to share their gym routine.

I'm fairly new to the gym and I am looking to lose 20 lbs and build my stamina.

Feel kind of lost while I'm at the gym..

Replies

• smadaris91
    smadaris91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im simple i do HIIT for 30mins on the treadmill, then lift some weights for toning.for 30-45mins- 4x a wek... have had great results so far... but im not a trainer so i would ask one at ur gym.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I pick things up and put them down. Reps and sets determined by my coach as he sets each training cycle.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My advice is to follow a structured lifting plan. Otherwise you're not getting the optimum results in the gym.

Some good plans for a novice would be New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, Ice Cream Fitness 5x5(btw this is a Strong Lifts type program with added accessory work), etc.

I personally follow a different plan but i've been lifting for a few years and i know what my specific weaknesses are. At this point you should be doing something full-body focusing on compound movements. If you choose to do cardio it's best to do that AFTER lifting.
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If you are extremely new, I would highly recommend following a structured program until you are comfortable lifting. Forget this "girls" routine stuff. New Rules for Weightlifting and Strong lifts 5x5s are good starter routines. Once you get more comfortable you can branch out and add things in. Also visit stumptuous.com, its an awesome website for women that are into lifting. It has some easy routines and tips on food if you like too. https://www.stumptuous.com/