How to survive the WEAK-end

Options
So it accured to me that every weekend I face my biggest challenge. That's when the family wants to eat out or cook out or go visit friend. Also, that's when they hit Starbucks, Ice latte. and they want to make some refreshing concotion with ice cream.

Then there is the problem that we sometimes don't eat breakfast until 10, skip lunch or eat mid afternoon. so we are only eating two meals. I love my Family but they are not helping me. I hate the "this is just a special occation" "a little wont hurt"

So I'm looking for ideas for survival. Any thoughts on how to face the weekend without turning it into a WEAKend.

Replies

• knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I hear you, sister. I try to stay under my calories during the week, then I have some extra for the WEAK end. It is tough. Don't know the answer to that. Good luck!!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Sounds like special occasions occur every weekend around there.

I've said before that I'm watching what I eat and I've replied to those 2 scenarios with "it's not my cheap day" and "a little bit for me ends up being a lot.". I've been known to cook 1 side dish for me and another for my family as my husband is not on board for things like whole wheat pasta or brown rice.

I keep telling myself that this sacrifice will benefit my health and get me 1 step closer to my goal.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Planning is the key for me. I plan the meals for the weekend and then it's done. When they want to go out I'm all< "I will make X. I already have everything for it." I do a lot of grilling so on the weekends I plan meals with grilled fish/chicken salads, etc. Then there are leftovers that can be used as snacks. :) Fresh cut up fruit is one popular item at our house. :) Yesterday cut up watermelon, cantelope, mango, and blueberries. The bowl was gone by bedtime. Some cold rice salads with dried fruit and vinegrette and there are some healthy remakes of old standards. I also plan for a big breakfast (like you around 10). Veggie omlettes, flax pancakes, etc. :)

Good luck
  • diembroadhurst
    Options
    Just say 'no thanks' just being with you guys is enough, but please go ahead and enjoy what you order - it doesn't taste as good to me anymore - I prefer.....

Make the best choices you can from the menu that is available.

You could just be open and honest and say meanifully that whilst you love spending time with them you need their support in some of the choices you make at meal times and for beverages. Say you are serious about making better choices which means they will have you around longer.

Ultimately though it comes down to you and your commitment - if you are 100% focused it won't matter what they say you will be able to discreetly make you choices and turn down food that you don't want.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead helps. If I am going to a party or family gathering I try to always eat BEFORE I go. That way I am not hungry and don't indulge in what they have.
  • AEisele
    AEisele Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm ready to face next weekend!