Need Some Support!

Options
I've been very up and down with my weight over the last two years. Between college, stress, and moving around, I can't seem to stick to anything long term. I've just recently moved, again, and have no one to embark on this journey with me. It's been a good 1.5 months and I've "started over" almost every week. I've come to the conclusion that I need someone (or a group of people) who are in the same boat who I can communicate with on a regular basis to keep the motivation going. It helps to have someone experiencing the same struggles to serve as a support system, especially when you want to give up. I just turned 23, and I want to be happy, healthy, and have reached my goal weight within 7 months. I know I can do it, but the hardest part is staying committed. Anyone with me?

Replies

• emilyrolles
    emilyrolles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so with you!! im 20 years old, I got diagnosed with hyperinsulinaemia about a year ago and my weight has fluctuated since 2012 from 60kgs to 70, to 80, then my worst at 90 kgs last year (mid 2014).. My goal is to get back to 60-65kgs and I am at 79kgs now. so 18 odd kgs more to loose. Definitely keen to get a group together for motivation.. even if we are halfway across the country from eachother!

xxxx emily
  • demetriaaj
    demetriaaj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome I'm all for it. Let's do it!
  • SassyBassChick
    SassyBassChick Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey there! I feel ya. I quit smoking (cold turkey) 3 years ago. I'm the single mom of 11 and 17 year-old boys. I work long hours (at one job now, but for a big part of the past few years I had 2-3 jobs). And I just finished college (finally went back after a two year break to finish my last year last fall). I was in three accidents last year (two were not my fault) where I suffered multiple injuries, including broken ribs. And I have a heel spur and bad hips, probably aggravated by gaining 60lbs or so since I quit smoking. It's hard! Time... energy... motivation. I get it. Believe me. But I'm also depressed and feel gross. I was 150 when I quit smoking. Now I'm 209. :( I want to get back to 140. So yeah! We can lend some support to each other if you want!
  • ashashanireynolds292
    ashashanireynolds292 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good job