Blender recommendation

Options
I had been using an Oster My Blend for morning smoothies, and I really liked that it didn't take up too much room and it blended in a to-go bottle so I could just put on the drinking lid after it was done and head to work. It has been smelling like something's burning and today it started smoking a bit, so i figure it's time to retire it rather than risk a fire. Any recommendations for small, easy to clean blenders? My other (larger) one is a pain. Advice appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    get a vitamix. they're *kitten* amazing. they're kind of expensive doe. maybe ebay or something. i guess people like their ninjas for small ones but really if you want a solid blender that u dont have to stab everything w a knife to get it to mix, vitamix.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I think Vitamix and Blendtec are the gold standards, but they are also pretty pricey.

I got a Ninja set at Target for around $150 with a base, two smoothie cups with the blade attachment, a food processor bowl (dough mixer and chopping blade only, no slicing or fancy stuff), and a blender pitcher with blades all the way up the center (brilliant feature; no more air bubbles around the blade keeping stuff from blending). I use it multiple times a day and so far it's holding up fine.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for a Vitamix for Christmas. :)
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've got a Froothie, I'm not sure if you can get them in the States...look it up :D
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I think Vitamix and Blendtec are the gold standards, but they are also pretty pricey.

I got a Ninja set at Target for around $150 with a base, two smoothie cups with the blade attachment, a food processor bowl (dough mixer and chopping blade only, no slicing or fancy stuff), and a blender pitcher with blades all the way up the center (brilliant feature; no more air bubbles around the blade keeping stuff from blending). I use it multiple times a day and so far it's holding up fine.

+1

Love my ninja
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is the one.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Having broken a lot of blenders :( I now have a ninja... Love it!
  • jjbarretto
    jjbarretto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is the best. It is built like a tank, will never break, and will liquify anything. The company also sticks by the product and will repair/replace if anything does go wrong. The controls are more basic on the vitamix with a dial and only a few buttons while blentec seems to have a button for everything. Most chefs use the vitamix because they prefer to be in control vs. let the blender figure it out.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. I use it for all sorts of stuff.

Hummus
    Salsa
    Smoothies
    Nut butters
    Sauces
    Soups
    Etc.
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My Vitamix was worth every penny. I love it
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Vitamix, works better than any Oster or Hamilton Beach blender I have ever used.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    As posted above, Vitamix and Blendtec are the best machines out there. Because the Vitamix is too tall to fit under the cabinet, we decided on a Blendtec and love it and use it every day.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nutri bullet or bullet is what I have its a single serve mostly you put all ingredients in the cup and put on the lid and thats what has the mixer blade on it. put it on blender and away you go. Takes up little space and works great you get between 4 and 6 different cups so you dont have to wash right away either.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vitamix lover too. It's costly, but worth the price. It's also super easy to clean.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    This is what I keep at my office. $10-$15 at Wal-Mart.

k2-_3432d541-68a0-4819-ac93-9ac55a774e81.v1.jpg
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Blendtec. Worth every penny. Had cheap blenders before and they wouldn't even last a year :(

I have this one also for a couple years now, not bad for the price.
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    This is what I keep at my office. $10-$15 at Wal-Mart.

k2-_3432d541-68a0-4819-ac93-9ac55a774e81.v1.jpg

• krisfrantzen
    krisfrantzen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We have tried many. From a ninja to a blendtec. Loved blended for a while but really love the new nutribullet. Better for single serve options.
  • 427_Cobra
    427_Cobra Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've used a Cuisinart Smart Power for the last 3 years. It's just now starting to sound tired. Not bad for $69 though.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. I use it for all sorts of stuff.

Hummus
    Salsa
    Smoothies
    Nut butters
    Sauces
    Soups
    Etc.

Yes, and..
    Apple sauce
    Flour
    Ice cream (from frozen banana chunks and etc..)
    Frozen drinks :O :)

Love my vitamix
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    "Because the Vitamix is too tall to fit under the cabinet,"

The newer Vitamix - Professional Series now fits under the cabinet.