looking for support and tips to continue and never give up

Options
mrreyes
mrreyes Posts: 24 Member
So in 2010 i reached my highest weight of 168 lbs, I decided to do something about it and take care of my health. It was very hars to say mp to foodaince I have a very low will power, I looked for motivation and I found mfp. Long story short I lost 30 lbs and I was very pleased with myself, especially since k was very close to my goal weight (125 lbs) I got so comfortable that after all that sweat I gained 20 lbs

Replies

• mrreyes
    mrreyes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 btw
  • Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Ya I know that feeling. The moment you look in the mirror and you start to like what you see so you stop being so militant on yourself and letting yourself do things you wouldn't have dreamed of months prior to it. Back when i was 23 i weighed 230, i got tired of it, so i started to do something about it. I got down to 195 and was so happy i started to let up.

Here I am 5 years later 250 lbs, 20 lbs heavier. I realize now where i went wrong wasn't being happy about how i looked, and relaxing. It was the very idea that i thought it was a temporary diet, and that when i was to my goal weight (180) that I could go back to my bad habits.

I know now that this is a lifestyle change, and that crash diets, and miracle weight loss programs aren't going to cut it. One of my new friends just asked me what my goals were. I responded with "My MFP goal weight is 180, however, my true goal im living right now" and i went on to explain that when i started this i decided to do something I had never thought to do before, and believe it or not, a lot of people don't think about doing this. I decided to research nutrition, not weight loss, or muscle building, or flat bellies. I spend everyday trying to reach 100% of my daily nutritional values while still coming in under my calories and I feel better than ever, and I know that with time the weight will naturally come off in a healthy way. Also this is something I can do for the rest of my life without depriving myself.

I guess what I mean by all of this is instead of thinking of this as a means to an end to lose weight, think of it as the first day of your new lifestyle, that's how I am learning to look at it, and its very freeing :)

Also feel free to add me if you would like :) I just started using the community chat today, and I have met a lot of really cool supportive people.
  • theeitfactor
    theeitfactor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have alot of food advise on tips of how to satisfy cravings. Example try lite n fit yogurt only 90 calories add spoon of peanutbutter and a scoop of your protien powder and mix it all together. Put in freezer for like 20 mins. And u have ur own ice cream :) hey. Its a better option right :) btw I just got my fitness trainer certification last october
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me