Loosing weight and belly fat with cycling mashin..

Options
Is it possible to loss weight /belly fat with cycling machine at home?? Going to start my workout and very new to try at home.. If anyone there who is using cycling machine at home..plz let me kW , does is effective?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight be eating less than you burn and exercise can help with that.

You can't spot reduce or choose fwhere the fat loss occurs.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat; your genetics dictate where fat comes off of.

To lose weight, you need to be in a caloric deficit - it doesn't matter what exercise you do.

Exercise is for fitness.

Read the stickies.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight be eating less than you burn and exercise can help with that.

You can't spot reduce or choose fwhere the fat loss occurs.

Yup.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    suryaahuja wrote: »
    Is it possible to loss weight /belly fat with cycling machine at home?? Going to start my workout and very new to try at home.. If anyone there who is using cycling machine at home..plz let me kW , does is effective?

Monitoring your food is the best way to lose weight. Exercise can help, but it is primarily to increase your fitness (cardiovascular, strength, etc.). People don't realize how much energy food really contains, and, consequently, they underestimate the amount of work required to lose weight. For example, three Oreos (that doesn't seem like much, does it?) contain 160 calories. If you weigh 200 pounds, you would need to walk just under three miles to eliminate those calories. Now add up all the things you snack on or overeat during the day and you can see how it's almost impossible to work those calories off with exercise. That's what is meant by the phrase "you can't chase a bad diet".

Instead, start monitoring what you eat. Get a food scale and use the database here at MFP to start tracking your intake. Start walking outside. It's much better for your well-being than toiling away on a stationary bike in your home.
  • suryaahuja
    suryaahuja Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot ..I really appreciate..
  • suryaahuja
    suryaahuja Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @DeguelloTex @IsaackGMOON thanks guys!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am disappointed by the thread title. I was expecting something sort of mashing up of bicycles or something.

Also- you cannot spot reduce, sorry. But you can lose weight everywhere with a calorie deficit.