Weight Fluctuation

Options
My weight can fluctuate by 5 or even 10 pounds a week? Is this normal?

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    yes it is
    Even on a daily base for me
    Specially when TOM days come up
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Totally - I just gained 1.5lb between last night and first thing this morning, without eating anything! Especially for women, hormonal changes throughout the month make massive differences to the amount of weight we hold onto. Exercise too, especially strength training, can impact on weight changes. Sore muscles hold onto water to enable them to recover. So many different variables in why our weight fluctuates, it's almost impossible to pinpoint exactly why it goes up and down within any one 24 hour period. Whilst I think it's beneficial to weight yourself every day, you need to look at longer term trending, rather than the individual weights you're recording. I know I've lost 13lb in 8 weeks, blips on the scale don't worry me when I know I've not overindulged. It's just the general weirdness of the human body!! ;)
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.5 kilo in 2 days? Muscle gain and water weight. I ignore the scales now and go by my clothing and how I look and feel. Don't stress. :smile:
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's so normal.
    I lost 7 pounds in about 2 weeks then gave myself a weekend off counting for a big family party & BBQ.
    I didn't go way way over the top but when I weighed myself yesterday morning, 6 of those seven pounds we're back on. In my head that's due to all the sodium and alcohol I consumed over the weekend.
    Old me would've cried and given up at that point.

Back on the logging and deficit yesterday and after weighing myself this morning, I'm only 1 pound up. Nothing really. I didn't put on 7 pounds of fat over night. I am just more aware of what makes me hold onto water now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes it is

Want to see? Normal weight at goal weight...see the black dots? Scale weights. The green band is the weight fluctuation of 5lbs around my goal weight of 160 that is deemed average by trendweight.com...I can over and below whist doing everything right in terms of logging calories and exercise

Normal!

u88n4r0y5g99.jpg