300 lbs to 200 lbs in 9 months, 48 year old male

Options
timmdz
timmdz Posts: 6 Member
Hi all,

I wanted to post this here as a reminder for me to keep it off. I tend to yo-yo, and have been terrible about getting in shape, losing the weight and then over the following year, putting it all back on. At age 48 (almost 49!), 301 lbs was my absolute top, and that was a real wake up call. I am asthmatic and when I am heavy, it puts me at undo risk.

Over a period of 9 months, I steadily lost approximately 100 lbs through a combination of diet control using MFP and exercise.

I find MFP to be one of the single best tools I use to keep myself from "slipping". Calories vary between 1500 and 1900 calories per day, with the odd 3000+ slip up, but I pay attention to Protein and good Fat intake, and try to get most of my Carbs from Vegetables. Bread really is a killer for me, so I try to avoid it when possible (not always possible!). I supplement with Protein Powder, glutamine, BCAA's, and a multivitamin in a smoothie after my workout.

Exercise is usually Hot Yoga 5x times, supplemented with swimming, cycling, walking and light weight training 2x times per week. I feel Yoga has been the single best exercise for me at this stage, as I suffer from some joint issues in my knees and hips.

Measurements:

Starting weight: 301 lbs
Goal Weight: 200-210
Height: 6"

Here is a pic:

quuzc9f2dmoh.jpg

Replies

• Jessalane0607
    Jessalane0607 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully done Hon!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Amazing ! Nice job !
  • Butterflies_And_Chaos
    Butterflies_And_Chaos Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow... what a transformation!!! :+1: Congrats!!!
  • lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are sizzling HOT! It looks like the body of a 20-year-old. Amazing job. All that hard work really paid off!
  • lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What is "MFP" ??
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Holy **** you got that body fr doing mostly yoga? Wow amazing bod! Way to go!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    lthur714 wrote: »
    What is "MFP" ??

My Fitness Pal
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome!! Super transformation! Congrats!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! You look...hot lol! Good work!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Amazing! Good work!
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is impressive, especially the definition in the abs. Congratulations.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow looking good
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    congrats! Your success story would have more validity if you showed your face. I am in no way doubting your amazing journey, just be proud and show your whole self.
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hot damn!! Looking good!!
  • pinelopi22
    pinelopi22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • MMacG101
    MMacG101 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Apologies but I don't see this happening... I know that is a harsh thing to say, but unless you post another before/after with your face the facts aren't in your favour, not that you have anything to prove to anyone but yourself.

Reasons I doubt it:

1. Absolutely no loose skin, you lost 10.44lb a month and your skin has rapidly stretched back at 48 years old.
    2. Absolutely no stretch marks, if the guy in the 'after' photo was at one point 301lb, you'd have some.
    3. You lost 94lb whilst eating a deficit but managed to gain an impressive amount of muscle.
    4. Not only did you gain this muscle, you did it with 'light weight lifting'.
    5. Your skin type, level of affluence and camera changes between pictures, entirely possible but notable.

If you are in fact not a fake, then congratulations and sorry, really because what you've done is amazing and gives hope to a lot of other men out there (including me) that are 300+ pounds, that they can work hard for 9 months, get a six pack, have zero loose skin or viable stretch marks. I would certainly be interested in discussing exactly what you did to manage these results!

Sorry if I come off as a dick, I'm not but success stories from guys on here are rare enough without one putting false hope in the heads of all the guys that use MFP. If real and he posts another picture with face, then he's onto a formula for success and I'm sure all the guys would love to know exactly how he did it!
  • sirna731
    sirna731 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Apologies but I don't see this happening... I know that is a harsh thing to say, but unless you post another before/after with your face the facts aren't in your favour, not that you have anything to prove to anyone but yourself.

Reasons I doubt it:

1. Absolutely no loose skin, you lost 10.44lb a month and your skin has rapidly stretched back at 48 years old.
    2. Absolutely no stretch marks, if the guy in the 'after' photo was at one point 301lb, you'd have some.
    3. You lost 94lb whilst eating a deficit but managed to gain an impressive amount of muscle.
    4. Not only did you gain this muscle, you did it with 'light weight lifting'.
    5. Your skin type, level of affluence and camera changes between pictures, entirely possible but notable.

You missed, no. 6. The guy says he's six-inches tall. I thought that leprechauns are naturally mesomorphic? :*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!