Success, Failure, Here I go again.

Options
So two years ago I weighed 296 and even at 6'3" I was a fat *kitten*. I got on MFP and within 3 months I had lost about 63lbs. I felt great, tons of energy, indigestion was gone.

I then thought I was in control. I could have cheat days in a row. I was still ok. Then I'd skip a day or two on the elliptical. I was still ok. Then I stopped logging. Right about that time, I lost an important person and her daughter in a *kitten* car accident. Food, alcohol, and no more MFP doomed me. Within a year I was back up to 290.

All of that hard work was down the drain. I could have kicked myself. I was mad at myself. Anyways, I slowly started eating better. I'm just about back to my vegetarian lifestyle I adopted a few years ago. As of my first day back on mfp I'm starting at 280. I know what my goals are, and I know how to get there. I'm just looking for people that will hold me accountable, and I'll do the same for you. Good Luck.

Replies

• juliegreg2010
    juliegreg2010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Thanks
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Life is like that it kicks you in the gut when you least expect it. I look at food like my drug of choice. Just like the alcoholic who gets sober and continues to go to AA meetings, I feel like I will need to log my food and be accountable if I want to stay "sober" so to speak. You have first hand experience with that. You stopped doing the things you needed to do and the weight came back. You can do this. Best of luck to you.
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. Had done it once before my children. Again after my first child and now trying yet again to lose the weight. You can do it!!!!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are back, that is what matters. You will do this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!