300 lbs to 200 lbs in 9 months, 48 year old male

Options

Replies

• timmdz
    timmdz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Apologies but I don't see this happening... I know that is a harsh thing to say, but unless you post another before/after with your face the facts aren't in your favour, not that you have anything to prove to anyone but yourself.

Reasons I doubt it:

1. Absolutely no loose skin, you lost 10.44lb a month and your skin has rapidly stretched back at 48 years old.
    2. Absolutely no stretch marks, if the guy in the 'after' photo was at one point 301lb, you'd have some.
    3. You lost 94lb whilst eating a deficit but managed to gain an impressive amount of muscle.
    4. Not only did you gain this muscle, you did it with 'light weight lifting'.
    5. Your skin type, level of affluence and camera changes between pictures, entirely possible but notable.

If you are in fact not a fake, then congratulations and sorry, really because what you've done is amazing and gives hope to a lot of other men out there (including me) that are 300+ pounds, that they can work hard for 9 months, get a six pack, have zero loose skin or viable stretch marks. I would certainly be interested in discussing exactly what you did to manage these results!

Sorry if I come off as a dick, I'm not but success stories from guys on here are rare enough without one putting false hope in the heads of all the guys that use MFP. If real and he posts another picture with face, then he's onto a formula for success and I'm sure all the guys would love to know exactly how he did it!

Hmmm... I didn't really post this up to prove anything to you, but I'll address your points... you know, so you can believe. ;)

1. I've gained and lost as much as 70 lbs multiple times since my early thirties (see my first post). It's a problem with me (yo-yoing) but I've never really had a problem with loose skin. People are different, and react differently. I guess I have stretchy skin. Lucky me.
    2. I have a couple old stretch marks by my armpits. Hard to see in the pics.
    3. I haven't gained any muscle. I lost some, and uncovered what was left. I have weight trained since I was 14 years old. Doing Yoga with that much muscle is difficult, and gets in the way. :)
    4. I only lift very lightly now mostly due to wear and tear. I trained heavily when I was younger. Losing weight and doing Yoga is helping to overcome some long term injuries and issues in my knees and hips (see first post).
    5. Yah, I don't know what this means.

8. Just FYI, I tend to carry most of my extra weight in my stomach. In the top pic, my waist is about 44" (44"-46" pants). In the bottom, about a 36" or 38". Shirt size in the top pic is generally a XXL, bottom an XL or L. I have a couple "sections" in my closet for various versions of me. ;)

I didn't include a similar pic, or my face in my first post mostly out of embarrassment at how heavy I can get. Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable posting it up. But, since the internet requires proof, I've included a similar fat pose for your assessment, along with my "Oh my god I'm 300 lbs that was so shocking I took a picture!", picture.

I didn't really expect to be called out, and am not looking for any drama, so I will let this stay up for a bit so you can "believe me". I'll then take the thread down and go back to lurking and being inspired by the success stories I have read and seen posted here. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, they mean a lot.

ukikilda62c6.jpg

6kw2547nn8w9.jpg

* I never noticed the height mistake. Oops. Leprechauns come in all shapes and sizes. :)

• gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't take it the wrong way, please. Your thread is inspiring and your story is amazing, especially given your age and start weight, hence the initial suspicion. Besides it was only a couple of people (including me). Everybody else has been very supportive.

Congrats and well done. I hope to have a story like yours (in about a year!).
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I lost a 100 pounds in a year and have no loose skin either and it doesn't look like you gained more muscle just took off the fat. As to stretch marks and loose skin I would advise any doubter to search an article by Tom Venuto

Congrat's on the loss. Being a tall guy with large frame I know how easy we put the weight on.

To the doubters I think you should spend less time judging others and more time evaluating what you are doing if you aren't getting the results you are seeking.
  • the_quadfather
    the_quadfather Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    timmdz wrote: »
    Apologies but I don't see this happening... I know that is a harsh thing to say, but unless you post another before/after with your face the facts aren't in your favour, not that you have anything to prove to anyone but yourself.

Reasons I doubt it:

1. Absolutely no loose skin, you lost 10.44lb a month and your skin has rapidly stretched back at 48 years old.
    2. Absolutely no stretch marks, if the guy in the 'after' photo was at one point 301lb, you'd have some.
    3. You lost 94lb whilst eating a deficit but managed to gain an impressive amount of muscle.
    4. Not only did you gain this muscle, you did it with 'light weight lifting'.
    5. Your skin type, level of affluence and camera changes between pictures, entirely possible but notable.

If you are in fact not a fake, then congratulations and sorry, really because what you've done is amazing and gives hope to a lot of other men out there (including me) that are 300+ pounds, that they can work hard for 9 months, get a six pack, have zero loose skin or viable stretch marks. I would certainly be interested in discussing exactly what you did to manage these results!

Sorry if I come off as a dick, I'm not but success stories from guys on here are rare enough without one putting false hope in the heads of all the guys that use MFP. If real and he posts another picture with face, then he's onto a formula for success and I'm sure all the guys would love to know exactly how he did it!

Hmmm... I didn't really post this up to prove anything to you, but I'll address your points... you know, so you can believe. ;)

1. I've gained and lost as much as 70 lbs multiple times since my early thirties (see my first post). It's a problem with me (yo-yoing) but I've never really had a problem with loose skin. People are different, and react differently. I guess I have stretchy skin. Lucky me.
    2. I have a couple old stretch marks by my armpits. Hard to see in the pics.
    3. I haven't gained any muscle. I lost some, and uncovered what was left. I have weight trained since I was 14 years old. Doing Yoga with that much muscle is difficult, and gets in the way. :)
    4. I only lift very lightly now mostly due to wear and tear. I trained heavily when I was younger. Losing weight and doing Yoga is helping to overcome some long term injuries and issues in my knees and hips (see first post).
    5. Yah, I don't know what this means.

8. Just FYI, I tend to carry most of my extra weight in my stomach. In the top pic, my waist is about 44" (44"-46" pants). In the bottom, about a 36" or 38". Shirt size in the top pic is generally a XXL, bottom an XL or L. I have a couple "sections" in my closet for various versions of me. ;)

I didn't include a similar pic, or my face in my first post mostly out of embarrassment at how heavy I can get. Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable posting it up. But, since the internet requires proof, I've included a similar fat pose for your assessment, along with my "Oh my god I'm 300 lbs that was so shocking I took a picture!", picture.

I didn't really expect to be called out, and am not looking for any drama, so I will let this stay up for a bit so you can "believe me". I'll then take the thread down and go back to lurking and being inspired by the success stories I have read and seen posted here. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, they mean a lot.

ukikilda62c6.jpg

6kw2547nn8w9.jpg

* I never noticed the height mistake. Oops. Leprechauns come in all shapes and sizes. :)

Dude, you shouldn't have to feel like you have to respond to the negative peeps out there. You rocked it out, killed it, got the job done.

Bravo!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You look hot!! Amazing!
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yeahh dude you have nothing to prove, *kitten* the haters
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I was on the doubting side as well, so I thank you for addressing the issues and I'm a true believer. I hope to have your success someday as well. So congrats on the incredible results as well as the clarification. I'm the same age and hoping for similar results. I've been going a year and not nearly as successful, but it's been a great year.
  • shifty0524
    shifty0524 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for the inspiration! You look great and it's nice to see hard work and discipline pay off. I am 48 too and I know it's not easy.
  • cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your hard work and dedication! In the past, I've lost over 100 lbs in a short period of time and was accused of having multiple types of surgeries! I constantly felt the need to defend my natural weight loss. You look amazing!! Keep us posted on your successes !!
  • MMacG101
    MMacG101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Apologies Timmdz - You're right, as I said in my original post, you don't have anything to prove to me, the internet or anyone else. I wouldn't consider myself a 'hater' as I really wanted to believe it was true and now I do! You are amazing and what you've done is truly fantastic.

• MMacG101
    MMacG101 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Also please don't take it down, its your success and its inspirational (even more so now) and I clearly messed up re: doubting.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    nice job brother, thanks for the inspiring the rest of us!!!
  • mom24uk
    mom24uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hard work and determination = job well done. Congrats !
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So now the next question...did the waxing hurt to take off all the hair? How often do you do it?

R
  • Naja_
    Naja_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    With a tan to match!.

These are my goals so I'm totally going to add you.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I wasnt expecting that picture. guess I should not be looking at unsuspecting pictures at work. I just have to say oh my damn, well I did say it. You look good. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ryan_aye
    ryan_aye Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I'm down 65 lbs and am 5 away from my goal but you've blown me out of the water. I see you replied to the comments stating you had significant muscle bulk which wouldn't be possible with a deficit but I have a very similar build as you 5'11" with similar muscle definition so you already didn't need to 'prove' anything for me to believe. Keep up the good work, you've really done a great job!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Inspirational. My goal is 240 to 200lb. If you can get that sort of result then I'm blown away. An incredible achievement.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!